How did you stay motivated for 12 months? (1 Viewer)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Hey people

Was just wondering what kept you all going for 12 months. How did you stay motivated?
I find that being motivated to do the work is hard for me at times.
Thanks for all your help.

Killah33

Well, its InfiniteQ!

Hope you took in my English advice...I ended up nearly topping the state! w00t

Um....motivation....all you need is to space out your study, do bits and pieces but don't go overboard. Go out, relax, get your mind off it, then when you really need to get going you'll be all set. Oh, and also sometimes if you're note-taking and such, listen to some music you enjoy while doing it. Nothing too heavy because its distracting, and nothing too classical because that'll make you sleepy. Something in between is the go!

Good luck

GJ_JOE

blood brother
oh 12 months sounds like a long time, but this year just few past for me...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Killah33
Well, its InfiniteQ!

Hope you took in my English advice...I ended up nearly topping the state! w00t

Um....motivation....all you need is to space out your study, do bits and pieces but don't go overboard. Go out, relax, get your mind off it, then when you really need to get going you'll be all set. Oh, and also sometimes if you're note-taking and such, listen to some music you enjoy while doing it. Nothing too heavy because its distracting, and nothing too classical because that'll make you sleepy. Something in between is the go!

Good luck
Dude were you the one who put a lot of emphasis on critical material? Sorry I don't remember!

timmii

sporadic attendee
When you consider it as 12 months it seems huge! I remember when trials were but a spot on the distance...

Find an interest, something to look forward to etc every week/month. Take everything as it comes but also be aware of the big picture. Overall - have fun!!!!! Its your last year of school, get involved etc...

And you won't always be motivated, there will be times of despondency....but if u can pick urself up out of those troughs, then thats what is important.

schwang_thang

Originally posted by GJ_JOE
oh 12 months sounds like a long time, but this year just few past for me...
yeah same!

dont worry 2 much, 12 months itself sounds like ages, but once ure in yr 12, it'll fly by!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by schwang_thang

yeah same!

dont worry 2 much, 12 months itself sounds like ages, but once ure in yr 12, it'll fly by!
depends if you work very hard ... its long ... but if you bludge its does fly ...

blake

I didn't stay motivated, I didn't study..and yet I'am able to do what is my first preference

jessika

law chicky
HSC
wasn't motivated. everyone kept telling not to stress about it, so I didn't. I got over it and gave up.

Dan_the_man

When my software teacher ditched us I kinda lots the small amount of motivation that I had and picked it up the night/morning before each exam

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i wasnt motivated hardly at all

i guess if you have a really specific passionate goal you should think about that all year...

but its very hard to get motivated at all

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by FunkyFlava
the only motivation i had was to get everyone over and done with. :/
true!!! get it over with and start living life.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Besides parental harrassment, my other motivation was the fact that I've been going to school for 12 years for this. If I screwed this up, I wasted 12 years of learning. Year 12 was the final strait, so it was time to sprint.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
Besides parental harrassment, my other motivation was the fact that I've been going to school for 12 years for this. If I screwed this up, I wasted 12 years of learning. Year 12 was the final strait, so it was time to sprint.
sort-a-opposite ... i was sick and tired of running ... and probably paid the price ...

Sarah

HSC
N/A
my motivation was that i wanted to avoid failing, didn't want to waste my education and coz i wanted to go to uni

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

sort-a-opposite ... i was sick and tired of running ... and probably paid the price ...
ic
well i took it easy thru high skool, and just did my homework. I always got the feeling that skool was like a soccer match and if u burn too hard at the start ur opponent will score later because you are too tired. Although I do regret the fact that yr7-9 maths was so easy and i really shouldve worked ahead on my own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)