I need your advice (1 Viewer)

QWE-RTY

HSC
I go to a top 30 selective school and I've recently completed my 2nd internal exam for Ext. 1 maths, where I screwed up really badly. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get less than 50%. I got 80% in my first internal test and my rank was roughly average. So now I'm definitely sure that my rank is going to drop significantly and there are over 100 people in my grade taking Ex1 math.

I'm doing quite well in all my other subjects (2U math, business studies, economics, physics and chemistry), so I'm confident I have sufficient backup units in the case I'm forced to drop EX1 Maths. However, I'm really hoping that I don't have to do that. I was wondering if you guys have any advice on what I should do. Is there any chance I can still get an E4 for EX1 maths?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I go to a top 30 selective school and I've recently completed my 2nd internal exam for Ext. 1 maths, where I screwed up really badly. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get less than 50%. I got 80% in my first internal test and my rank was roughly average. So now I'm definitely sure that my rank is going to drop significantly and there are over 100 people in my grade taking Ex1 math.

I'm doing quite well in all my other subjects (2U math, business studies, economics, physics and chemistry), so I'm confident I have sufficient backup units in the case I'm forced to drop EX1 Maths. However, I'm really hoping that I don't have to do that. I was wondering if you guys have any advice on what I should do. Is there any chance I can still get an E4 for EX1 maths?
Hard to say, if you smash the next two tasks and the hsc exam then you could, especially since being in a top 30 school where the cohort is very strong. Your gonna need to get 90's from now on and I would say 95+ for the hsc exam.

Good luck

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)