How much to study in Hols? (1 Viewer)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
im also in yr 12. i dont see the point in asking other people how much to study. everyones different. just make sure you revise and know your stuff so far. if you have some spare time, go ahead of what youre doing at school.

asymptote

Originally posted by ezzy85
im also in yr 12. i dont see the point in asking other people how much to study. everyones different. just make sure you revise and know your stuff so far. if you have some spare time, go ahead of what youre doing at school.
how many hrs r u planning to do every day?

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Im trying to go ahead. Today I did about an hourz maths. And read my Ext. English text for about 4 hours ...

Ac

asymptote

Originally posted by Lord Ac
Im trying to go ahead. Today I did about an hourz maths. And read my Ext. English text for about 4 hours ...

Ac
i did
2hrs maths
2hrs IPT
2hrs Physics
1hr English

trying to make it 10 hrs a day

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
how many hrs r u planning to do every day?
i didnt really plan anything in terms of hours. ive just been doing my maths a few hours every second day or so and reading my english books. ill just make sure ive finished my assignments and any leftover time ill concentrate on revision.

Last edited:

asymptote

i didnt really plan anything in terms of hours. ive just been doing my maths a few hours every second day or and reading english books. ill just make sure ive finished my assignments and any leftover time ill concentrate on revision.
[/QUOTE

what r ur subjects?

i do

3u maths
chem
phys
eng stand
ipt

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by asymptote

what r ur subjects?

i do

3u maths
chem
phys
eng stand
ipt [/B]
im doing:

english advanced
business
SDD
physics
4u maths

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i have no idea how ill study for physics. my teachers beyond crap. apparently im changing teachers next year so when that happens ill see if its worth dropping. i might buy one of those excel books and catch up on everything i was supposed to learn.

kini mini

HSC
i have no idea how ill study for physics. my teachers beyond crap. apparently im changing teachers next year so when that happens ill see if its worth dropping. i might buy one of those excel books and catch up on everything i was supposed to learn.
The Excel book is a hopeless joke. Get the Jacaranda book and the Success One. The Marsden notes aren't bad either, ignore the lame jokes.

I don't see that studying 10 hours a day so early will be that helpful, sounds like a good way to burn out early. Personally I didn't ever work 10 hour days, 8 hours was as far as I could get before my brain turned off.

I would suggest 4-6 hours a day as part of a master revision plan. Be careful to make your plan realistic, if you know you need break days plan for them.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
is marsden the guy with those bizarre anti government, anti media jokes?

schwang_thang

Originally posted by kini mini

I don't see that studying 10 hours a day so early will be that helpful, sounds like a good way to burn out early.
i agree, esp. when it's so early in2 the yr n its the xmas holz!
u shud go 4 a few hrs a day...when its close 2 exam wk u might like 2 increase ur study periods, but dont go so hard when uve still got 3 terms 2 go. just b organised, dont overwork urself

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by asymptote
ive startd yr 12...how many hrs shud i study every day during summer vacations??
five hours a day ... (but after the hols, i didnt study much ... which is quite ironic) ...

pri

HSC
N/A
i reckon 4-6 hours a day is a good idea with little mini-breaks of 2-3 days in between that way its still a holiday but u get heaps of work done.

MiKeY

HSC
Originally posted by natstar
You ppl are unbelivable! I would enjoy the summer holidays while you can and forget the crazy 10 hours of study you plan to do. That is pretty stupid unless you are the most biggest nerd in the world. You have all next year to study, and iv'e said before, the end of this year is all about fun. Next year is the year for the study, so relax and have fun these holidays

When i was in year 12, all i did during the summer holidays was do the assigned homework my teachers gave us to do.
This included reading my english text and making a log book for it
Researching ideas for my textile major work
Researching ideas for my art major work and writing in my art book

And if i was majorly bored out of my mind i read ahead a few chapters in my business text book.

So have fun and cut back on the study
I agree..

I'm doing Year 12 next year as well and I just can't believe these people doing 8-10 hours a day.
I personally don't believe it.. 10 hours a day every day? I wouldn't have enough things to study yet to last a week.

But hey.. if you want to absolutely ruin your last change of relaxing for a year.. lol.. go aheadddd.. :)

I'm not aiming for a UAI of >99.95 as you guys probably are.. lol
:)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
depends what mark your aiming for really, and how hard you want to work for it.

I think that you should really enjoy these holidays in my opinion, this time last year for me, was the best ever. All my other holidays thoughout the HSC never felt like real holidays because I always had some assessment looming over my head.

and another reason not to start studying right now, is cause if you do, your will probably have a burnout half way through next year and get over the hsc, and do zero study for the trials and the actual thing.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
im actually just trying to get topics and stuff done instead of actually telling myself to do 10 hours of study

im just planning to do revision of the topics we did before the break

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
I want to get my half yearly study out of the way for the first few chapters we did in term 4 because it's hell trying to study for half yearlies during school time.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Originally posted by MiKeY

I'm doing Year 12 next year as well and I just can't believe these people doing 8-10 hours a day.
I personally don't believe it.. 10 hours a day every day? I wouldn't have enough things to study yet to last a week.

But hey.. if you want to absolutely ruin your last change of relaxing for a year.. lol.. go aheadddd.. :)

I can't believe it either.. 10 hours? :eek: Over my dead body I'd do 10 hours in one day in these holidays! I'm trying to make the most of these holidays by doing.. well, not too much!! Anyway good on you people who are doing something for being so determined, there's no way I could do that much study etc right now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)