iz it possible???? (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hey ppl
i just wanna know if it is possible 2 get a uai of 99+ without doing 4u maths??
i do da foll subjects-
english advanced
maths 3u
physics
chemistry
biology

pls reply soon:)

Jin-17

I wouldnt say its impossible, but just a little more diffuclt, but doing 4 unit maths takes alot of time also, so it adds up at the end, so just do your best.

schwang_thang

sure, my friend did nothing mathsy or even extended n got 99.6

english advanced
studies of religion II
modern history
biology
legal studies

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by elizabethy
hey ppl
i just wanna know if it is possible 2 get a uai of 99+ without doing 4u maths??
i do da foll subjects-
english advanced
maths 3u
physics
chemistry
biology

pls reply soon:)
omg Ive been asking the same question myself!

although is it possible to get 100 without 4 u maths?

my subjects
4 u english
3 u maths
chemistry
visual arts

B

Bambul

One of my friends did no maths or science subjects and got 99.95 for his UAI. So it's possible to get 99+ w/out 4u maths, 100 on the other hand is a different story.

josie_is_slut

i saw on another post
laz or someone else put up 2 ppl who got 100

one person
done chemistry,
physics,
economics
adv english
maths

and still got 100

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by josie_is_slut
i saw on another post
laz or someone else put up 2 ppl who got 100

one person
done chemistry,
physics,
economics
adv english
maths

and still got 100
do you know their marks by any chance>

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by natstar
of course you can get 99+ without doing 4unit maths.
A girl i know got 99+ and she didnt do it.
that is so true ... but it does make things slightly easier if your good at maths to do ext2 maths ...:)

pri

HSC
N/A
those are phenomenal marks!!!!

eeek I dont kno if I can do thaaat well!

oh well...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Bon

100UAIPerson2

1 English Extension 2 34/50 49/50 42 E3

UAI - 100
They must've really hated her major work, I wonder how she felt with that mark..!

(yes I said her, coz I think this person is female)

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MinAi

They must've really hated her major work, I wonder how she felt with that mark..!

(yes I said her, coz I think this person is female)

i think, it's actually a guy cause u look at his history extension mark of 50/50 which is perfect and topping the state in history ext then that person is a guy cuase i remember a guy top it. (not sure)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by da_best

i think, it's actually a guy cause u look at his history extension mark of 50/50 which is perfect and topping the state in history ext then that person is a guy cuase i remember a guy top it. (not sure)
Yes, I think ur rite too
Im thinking this person is David Cunnigham from Caringbah (confirmation, BJ?)

ShirLz

i had alot of pressure when i did my hsc - parents, friends, family,teachers, school, and most of all myself....i aimed for 100 and i worked my rear end off to make sure io had a chance, albeit a slim one...i never put in 7-8 hours a week, bcoz the hsc isn't bout studyin long hours, its bout studyin smart...work when your brain works...for me, it meant relaxin n doin lite work durin the day in hols n then workin at nite...you hav to b the one who decides the balance not us, and you have to consider what significance the hsc has in your life...i can tell u now that 10, 15 years from today, the hsc experience will have dimmed from memory and the "hours" you put in and the 100 you're aimin for will slip into oblivion as hassles such as mortgages, loans, family, interest rates, groceries n if u become a doctor, then your patients, etc. et.c will take over.

bak to the story - i gave my hsc the best shot i possibly could...but durin my modern history exam, i collapsed on the paper n didn't get to complete it. i still had another 3 exams to do, but my doctor diagnosed me w/ laryngitis n a severe virus w/ an unpronounceable name...the moral of this bein you cannot control the hsc. despite all that, i did pretty good in my exams...but i still had no control over the uai process...ended up w/ a uai of 97.3, even though i aimed for a uai of 100 n needed a uai of 99.4

i'm disappointed needless to stay...but relatively speakin, i frankly don't give a damn..bcoz once u finish yr 12, n the day after u know your marks n more importantly for some, the uai, it all disappears into oblivion

tip of the day - work smart, not hard

PS. and don't forget to enjoy - coz its y0our last yr of high sch as well =) good luck

nomza

HSC

I KNOW!!!! I have seen so many good assessment marks and so many shit hsc marks for major works.....

I can speak too -- my assessment mark was 46/50 and I got 31/50. I was sooooo disappointed but the happiness with my other marks made me forget about it a little....but now I think of my english teacher saying how wonderful my work was and everything and I get so annoyed and frustrated.

You see, my friend did her major work the final week before it needed to be handed in. She never proof read it or anything. I had to get her work bound so I had a chance to read it.....it was full of spelling and punctuation errors, even on the very first line!!!! And the story kinda went a bit blurry and predictable mid-way through....YET she got 36/50 for her major work. Grrrrr, we laugh about it, yet it still gets to me.

Damn markers.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes, I think ur rite too
Im thinking this person is David Cunnigham from Caringbah (confirmation, BJ?)
Yes, but the results were submitted anonymously, so shh. :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ShirLz
tip of the day - work smart, not hard
but wouldnt it be better to both work smart and study hard ...:)

alys

Originally posted by nomza

I KNOW!!!! I have seen so many good assessment marks and so many shit hsc marks for major works.....

I can speak too -- my assessment mark was 46/50 and I got 31/50. I was sooooo disappointed but the happiness with my other marks made me forget about it a little....but now I think of my english teacher saying how wonderful my work was and everything and I get so annoyed and frustrated.

You see, my friend did her major work the final week before it needed to be handed in. She never proof read it or anything. I had to get her work bound so I had a chance to read it.....it was full of spelling and punctuation errors, even on the very first line!!!! And the story kinda went a bit blurry and predictable mid-way through....YET she got 36/50 for her major work. Grrrrr, we laugh about it, yet it still gets to me.

Damn markers.

yeah, i don't agree with a lot of the marks that i've heard about in ext 2 english. and i'm not even bitter - i got 48/50, which i was ecstatic with, and 49 as an assessment mark. but so many people's projects seem to have got marks that are way different from what i would have expected at external level. shrug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)