studying on the day of the HSC Exam (1 Viewer)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
who out there who only studied on the day of all your assesment tasks and the HSC? Any one abuse stuvac and did nothing?

thats what i did and i got 76.95 its crap but considering the effort i put in its what i deserved.

If you did what i did and broke every rule in the HSC study book then post your UAI/HSC marks.

Anybody who did this and got 90+ should be regarded as a genius!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I did it for one subject (IPT) as the examination was in the afternoon, So I spent 4 hours before the exam doing useless study ( i hadn't prepared for it before hand) I thought I failed the exam but still got a HSC mark of 88 :)

i studied 1 and half hour before sdd...and i sucked...i knew i sucked...only one unit counted towards uai..coz itwas the suckiest subject.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm..dunno if this counts..but I was frantically memorising stats and key definitions on the morning of the Economics exam (I was previously busy memorising several essays, hence why I was cramming at the end). Either way, I got 91 for it

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I studied at the last minute for assessment tasks throughout the year, but I got myself organised during stuvak and tried to study in advance...ran out of time for a few subjects though, and had to do it the night before the HSC exams.

The subject I did the most study for (Modern History), I ended up getting the lowest mark for. The subject I studied least for (Maths), I did the nght before and only made it halfway through the textbook before giving up...and I got a band 6 for it. The lesson? Don't study.:p

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
I spent stuvac playing snake on my sisters phone. I did do a lot of study though. The funny thing is that for extension englih, I didnt study at ll because I knew it wouldnt count for my UAI, but then I did heaps better in that than I did for Physics, which I studied my arse off for.
So I agree with Butterfly wings, The lesson really is Dont study

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
i'm not quite sure the lesson is don't study. probably just that some subjects set easier papers than others.
either way the same thing happened to me. did better in the subjects i thought wouldn't count than the ones i really studied for

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by routemarker
who out there who only studied on the day of all your assesment tasks and the HSC? Any one abuse stuvac and did nothing?

thats what i did and i got 76.95 its crap but considering the effort i put in its what i deserved.

If you did what i did and broke every rule in the HSC study book then post your UAI/HSC marks.

Anybody who did this and got 90+ should be regarded as a genius!
physics study: three days of study before the trial (i covered the three core topics and spent the trial day cramming in quanta...) ... for the hsc i spent around six hours cramming the first three topics and realised i forgot to cram quanta to quarks ...

walked into the exam and went brilliantly for the first two hours (the core topics were literally a piece of cake) ... then i spent one hour thinking and staring at the impossible quanta questions (which i most definitely failed) ...

my exam mark was 80 for physics ...:D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
abusing stuvac is an understatement (well, slightly) ... i took a two month break after my trials because i was so annoyed about my trial results ... which really should have motivated me ...

Morgues

Did nothing until the trials, nothing except last night study/projects
Studied about 1 week for the trials and studied rather hard during stuvac
Got a 94.5 uai and rather regret not doing any work the first 3 terms but in the end pleased because I sort of pulled my uai out of the fire

Killah33

I studied 25% of the Ancient History course the morning of the exam (at like 4:30am i got up) and ended up coming top 5 in the state...LOL...

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
i studied consistently all year especially throughout term three and four!!! I studied most for Legal got 91 for assessments and 87 for exams but studies least for Society and Culture and got 94!!!

mp3mojo

I did sumthin similar, i only studied SOR HSC exam 2 nites b4 & all the assessment tasks the nite b4. But i only did this cos it was my 11th unit, so doesnt count 4 uai. ending up gettin 39/50 for HSC exam & 40/50 for assessment mark.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
when I think about it I wasted my time and did nothing, my excuse is that I was always working, which I was.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Re: Re: Re: studying on the day of the HSC Exam

Originally posted by Bon

Same thing happened to me. The core was really easy, barely answered any of the Q2Q questions. My exam mark was 76, but I reckon 70 of those marks came from the core. I had 4 days to learn my option topic, but I sat on here.. :D
i had two hours the night before and two hours on the physics day to literally cram any and everything i could find (serves me right for talking in class the whole year) ... but the quanta to quarks was a nightmare in hindsight anyway (even if i had studied) ...

i reckon we were ambushed ... they could have made any part of the paper difficult ... but no the board of studies had to make our elective a nightmare ...

i was really awful where people were asking for extra writing booklets and you sit wondering what to make up next ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jessika
when I think about it I wasted my time and did nothing, my excuse is that I was always working, which I was.
i called it taking a break (a long long break) ... good ol' procrastination ... i always pays off ...:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)