Can you tell your rank in your year? (1 Viewer)

instinct

If you get the same HSC mark, assess mark and exam mark, does that mean you came first in that subject in your school? Or if you get maybe same hsc mark and same assess mark but then exam mark is 1 difference, does that mean your 1st or 2nd?

or am i just talkin bullshit and you cant do that.. ?? let me know :D

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by instinct
If you get the same HSC mark, assess mark and exam mark, does that mean you came first in that subject in your school? Or if you get maybe same hsc mark and same assess mark but then exam mark is 1 difference, does that mean your 1st or 2nd?

No just because you got the same HSC mark, ass mark, and HSC mark doesn't mean you came first. For physics last year I got the same assessment and exam mark and hence HSC mark, and I didn't come first in my year.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by instinct

theoretically in large groups, if your exam mark is similar to your assessment mark then your exam rank would be similar to your internal rank ...

unless your school gives dodgy assessments which would mess up the distribution of marks and ranks ... or your in a small group which could make the marks slight higher or lower ...

timmii

sporadic attendee
You should know your school assessment rank from before the exams. If you are ranked first and your exam mark is lower than your assessment mark, then someone beat you in the exam. Other than that, not much can be found out without talking to other ppl becoz of rounding (e.g ur assessment mark may be 92.3 and someone else's may be 92.4....both would be displayed as 92)

Through msn etc within about 20mins we'd figured out where we'd all gone in each exam. My friend basically saved my uai - i got her exam mark as my assess. mark in 3 subjs - so she knew she'd topped the exams for those subjs...and another friend who was also ranked first in other subjs got her exam mark for her assessment marks. First friend then got a lower exam mark than assessment mark for the subject in which she was ranked first. Conclusion: she topped all the exams in the subjects she did, except in one of the subjects in which she came first....*nice result* :D we could figure out other things as well...But yes. You need to talk to ppl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)