hsc exams marrk, where they the same to what you hoped 4 (1 Viewer)

jawrsh

HSC
hey i was wondering were the exam marks the same to wat u hoped for

because wen the hsc exams finished, alot of u were claiming how easy the exams were, especially the science courses.......did you end up with ur expected marks

Sarah

HSC
N/A
mine were definately higher than what i thought they'd be. i was a bit shocked becausei had done better than what i'd expected

kini mini

HSC
Most of mine were around where I thought they would be, 4U maths was a bit lower than I thought but I couldn't really tell walking out so I wasn't too bothered. English was far lower than what I expected though, I expected maybe 93+ and got 90 in the exam and 91 overall.

After the science exams I didn't really know whether I would do well or not, that's the problem with subjective marking. But I did reasonably, 94 in phys and chem and 93 overall.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
My marks were all a bit higher than I was expecting. But I was a bit surprised by the order...like, I thought I would have gotton a higher mark for bio than legal studies, but I didn't.

nomza

HSC
All my marks (except one) were SOOOOOOO much higher than I expected. To get my marks I had to use the telephone thing and I was poised to right a 7 for the first number for my ancient mark and was stunned when I had to right 8---7 it just took my breath away.

What even more surprised me was general maths....the average I'd been getting all year was about 60% and I was poised to again write a 70 mark down and I started crying when the guy said 90.

All my marks were surprisingly high, due to scaling from how well my school did as a whole.

The one mark that was really bad was my ext 2 major work mark, I sooooo didn't expect that and nor did my teacher -- damn clueless markers :chainsaw:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
most of my marks were as expected ... expect for latin (my exam mark would have placed me very very close to the bottom of the candidature) ... and i expected band 6 for my exam mark for english ... but it english so ah ...

Last edited:

Fi

My studies of religion mark shocked me..................88....pretty ticked off........................I still don't know wat happened.:confused:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
The exam marks I got back where about what I expected, except economics, which I was a bit disappointed in...I wanted 95+ for that, but ended up with 91...:rolleyes:

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I'd been getting high 60's and low 70's for Modern history all year and that's all i expected to recieve however i was really shocked/stoked to get 85 overall. The same was for Society and Cultuture where i expected mid 80's and got 94 overall!!! But Legal was below the 95+ i had expected because of my hsc exam. I got 89 overall.

schwang_thang

hmmm yeah sum were heaps better than expected

3unit maths i've been averaging 65-70% the whole yr n then my mark ended up being 94 so i was like :eek:

studies of religion, my average was 90 n my end mark ended up being 96 even tho i thought i screwed up the exam so i was pretty happi w/ that

n english, my average at school was ~85% n i thought i completely ruined my chances of a band 6 in the exam when i cuddnt even write a coherent response 2 julius caesar (powerplay) n i 4got a title 4 my feature article in paper 1. but i got a 92 so i was like...*yay*

chemistry was completely gay tho...out of all my hsc exams id say that was by far my best exam, it ended up being my lowest mark...a bloody 86. :chainsaw:

jawrsh

HSC
Originally posted by schwang_thang [/]

chemistry was completely gay tho...out of all my hsc exams id say that was by far my best exam, it ended up being my lowest mark...a bloody 86. :chainsaw: [/B]

jus as i thought, most of u thought u'd cane physics and chem and think u wasted 2 years of ur lives and they give the easiest exam ever

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
are hsc marks in general higher than asst marks?
not for me ... but they were close for ten units (with a maximum difference of three for one subject and mostly difference of 1 or 2 marks) ...

1 more

fructis
HSC
like others have said, i was quite annoyed with the large discrepancy between some of my assessment marks and my exam marks:

eng x 1: assessment= 40/50 exam=48/50
hist x : assessment= 40/50 exam=48/50
:(

everything else was pleasing though.

what marks were higher then you expected? i found english for me was quite amazing.I was ranked a mere 18 and still got 76 for the exam.Totally wild stuff

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Almighty Jafar
what marks were higher then you expected? i found english for me was quite amazing.I was ranked a mere 18 and still got 76 for the exam.Totally wild stuff
well u have to put ur rank into perspective - depending on the size of ur grade
I was ranked a mere 25th and got 92 for the exam

schwang_thang

Originally posted by MinAi

well u have to put ur rank into perspective - depending on the size of ur grade
I was ranked a mere 25th and got 92 for the exam
omgosh...i was ranked 2nd n i got the same mark :( (i go 2 a crappy catholic school btw)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Really?
but yeah, I went to a selective school, so that puts it into perspective

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)