just got some queries (1 Viewer)

bobo123

HSC
i do business, eco and 4 maths and english advanced at school
say i get band 6 for eco, bus and maths
what would be a lowest score i can get in english to still be 99+?

and one more thing
i've heard some bad things about business studies from heaps of people, but my teacher insists that the scaling and stuff wont affect the top bands. Just like some confirmation or extra info on that.

cheers

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
this is very hypothetical, since there's no way of assuming an accuarate "lowest" HSC mark contributing to a certain UAI, since things vary from year to year. I'd say u could get away with a high band 4 or 5 for english, provided u get 95+ for the rest of your subjects.
Play around with lazseeker as that provides a rough guide (based on 2001 HSC)

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I'd cast a vote on no, but you'll have to be very good at biz to avoid the down-scaling... If you're in the top band, scaling will still affect you, but only a small fraction.

You should aim for mid-80's at least.

81 last year was just worse than half the state, and was around 60 in aggregate score, if you know about it. That gave me 98.90 with band 6 all others.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by bobo123
i do business, eco and 4 maths and english advanced at school
say i get band 6 for eco, bus and maths
what would be a lowest score i can get in english to still be 99+?

and one more thing
i've heard some bad things about business studies from heaps of people, but my teacher insists that the scaling and stuff wont affect the top bands. Just like some confirmation or extra info on that.

cheers
scaling doesnt affect the really really top range of economics or business ... by top-range im referring to at least 94+ for economics and 95+ for business ...

for english if your doing advanced high 80s ...

i had a friend who got 99.45 last year and he got 90+ in exactly the same subjects you do (and he did really well in ext2 (top 5%) and ext1 maths (top1 or 2%)) ...

kini mini

HSC
I was told that even at the high end of marks, 95+, eco and business studies fall behind to French. I haven't checked this out though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)