minai's school is not shit.. (1 Viewer)

c'mon 37 in the state is not that shit, my school came like 3rd last or thereabouts in 2000 when highest uai was 75 and noone got in the merit list and i'm quite sure that its been around that level for its entire history except last year when the great samuel.k broke the 90 barrier with 91.65, he was considered a genius, and i'm not exaggerating here but in your school minai he would have been about average.

professor

if 37th in the state is poo, then my school should be something on the line of 'institution of retards and idiots'....

Fi

is that a selective high??......anyway i don't believe that a school can influence the marks of its students.:D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
sorry about the confusion, but my school is a selective high school, and its expected we do well I guess...so 37th isnt considered great, as there were many non-selective private schools that beat us, and even Cheltenham Girls - which is a non-selective gov't school
so i'll rephrase - in terms of selective high's, my school is shit (i hope no teachers read this)

bobo123

HSC
someone told me that a reason for cheltenham's success was their huge population and that since most rankings are based on merit list appearances, they would have been ranked high merely due to attrition and not their academic merits.

can someone confirm this or let me know to tell my friend to piss off with the bs :)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
chelto has a grade of like 320
its an ok school. compared to selective, i'd say its crappy. But compared to normal community schools, it's good.

ellipsis

HSC
Originally posted by bobo123
someone told me that a reason for cheltenham's success was their huge population and that since most rankings are based on merit list appearances, they would have been ranked high merely due to attrition and not their academic merits.

can someone confirm this or let me know to tell my friend to piss off with the bs :)
Thats the reason for some schools getting in the top 20, but actually not Cheltenham. If you look at the top schools list that does it by percentages - http://www.careerone.com.au/newsviews/story/0,8523,5727386-22558,00.html instead of the one that does it by raw numbers, it still gets high up, being the best government school, and still beating heaps of 'good' private schools like Barker, SCEGGS, Knox, etc.

I reckon its heaps fairer to compare it this way, because some schools have huge grades like 300+ and a school with only 100 can't be expected to keep up with that. They could get everyone in the merit list and still not beat the other school. But I admit, i am biased - my school jumps into the top 5 if you do it by percentages !!! :D :D

Interestingly enough though , the percentages list only bumps Manly up by one to 36.

Last edited:
there are heaps of schools in the state and 37th is pretty good.I think it's better then my old school, st columba's by a long shot

Christine

beige member
HSC
miani a more accurate assesment would be how your school did in comparison to the other selective schools in the state.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Christine
miani a more accurate assesment would be how your school did in comparison to the other selective schools in the state.
yep, i already acknowledged that
incidently, my school is the 4th worst selective skool in NSW

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

yep, i already acknowledged that
incidently, my school is the 4th worst selective skool in NSW
ok point taken - in that case ur school is shit :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Bon

With people like you and mannnnndy there, what do you expect? :rolleyes:

:p
so wat r u tryin to say Bon?? :eek:

but I guess its true :p

the school is Manly High (or, Manly Selective Campus as it's been renamed last yr)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
whats thw worst selctive?
my school sucks :(

but then again they have high expectations for 2003 so hopefully we can do a lot better

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Orange Juice
whats thw worst selctive?
my school sucks :(

but then again they have high expectations for 2003 so hopefully we can do a lot better
Penrith High (i think)

wat skool do u go? SCEGGS?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Penrith isn't that good when viewed by the number of people in the 90 brackets...
It was a good school, and my year beat Manly (2001), so I can claim that Manly is the 'worst' selective high.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Bah, damn that link.

Edit: Hmmm... For a grade of 150, there seemed to be another 77 taking a hsc subject... Damn the accelerated students.

I should just add damn you all. That would make life much easier.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)