Do i Still have hope? (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Hi,
I've totally lost faith in myself, we just did the majority of our half yearlies and I know i bombed in two of my exams, please tell me if I still have a hope for getting a UAI above 85.

This is how I think I went
Business Studies = 64%
IPT = 35%
Advanced English = 70%
General Maths = 92%

I have yet to do my economics exam but I'm aiming for 90+

Please tell, if I have hope or not, and be honest, I can take it... I think.

:confused: :mad1: :(

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
just dont give up now, you've gone too far to give up. i dont know about ur marks and stuff, you should wait for the other guys to tell u what they think.

but dont worry about it, you should pick urself up and learn from it (hmm.. that sounds corny...) but yeah, learn from it and hopefully this will make u work harder in the future to avoid the same thing happening.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
It isn't too late to resurrect a grade-but at the same time, none of us can tell just fom your marks how you have actually gone. Your actual marks are meaningless-they don't matter at all. It's just your rank. Even if you fail an exam, if you're still at the top end of the class, then thats great! However-if you get a high mark but are still ranked near the bottom, then you have work to do!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Thanx guyz

Hey thankz you guys, I won't lose hope, I'll just trudge along and pretend the IPT half yearly didn't happen and keep trudging along. We have a Multimedia Project that I will devote lots of hours to.

Does anyone have any past experiences with getting a bad marks in an assessment but still getting a good UAI. If so please inspire me.

:) :p

kini mini

HSC
Re: Thanx guyz

Originally posted by clairegirl

Does anyone have any past experiences with getting a bad marks in an assessment but still getting a good UAI. If so please inspire me.

:) :p
I bombed my 4u maths half-yearly in 2002 - came 40-something. I recovered to somewhere in the 20s and ended up with a HSC mark of 92 and a UAI of 99.85.

I also stuffed a chem assessment somewhere, and two phys assessments, but I only counted 1 unit of chem and none of phys. I got 93 for both.

So...don't give up now, there's plenty of time to improve both your knowledge and rank :).

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Bon
Damn, kini mini! That ruined your chance of 100! :p
Don't remind me dammit, I was thinking that last year :p

Actually, I was probably in with a chance until I got about 4 less marks than I expected in English...what the hell, why am I still thinking about this :p.

Go away Bon! :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by kini mini

Don't remind me dammit, I was thinking that last year :p

Actually, I was probably in with a chance until I got about 4 less marks than I expected in English...what the hell, why am I still thinking about this :p.

Go away Bon! :p
grr HSC mark reminders eh?
If only I got a rank 2 places higher for 2u maths, I woulda got 90, same with English Adv, if I was ranked 4 places higher, I woulda got 90 also
and to add to that, I missed my first preference by 0.25 of a UAI...:rolleyes:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Minai, so close yet so very very far away ... but that's life?!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by flyin'
Minai, so close yet so very very far away ... but that's life?!
c'est la vie
(can I say that here? oh i shouldve paid attention in yr10 french..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)