can u plz tell me? (1 Viewer)

mommba

well i just wanna know whether i can still get UAI around 95 cos i've done very bad in all my assessment tasks.

-Maths 2u
1st task= 24 out of 59 (10% weight)
2nd task= 19 out of 48 (10% weight)

-Physics- 10 out of 20 (10% weight)
-Biology
1st task= 19 out of 30 (10% weight)
2nd task= 25 out of 55 (14%weight)

-ESL
1st task= i lost the paper :p
2nd task= 6 out of 10 (10% weight)

-Spanish-well i do preety well in Spanish

gonna have my half yearly after Easter holiday and some other assessment tasks, trials, and the final exam. So guys do u think i still have hope to get UAI around 95 based on my current marks?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Do you "still have a hope?" Yes, of course-theres still half a year to go!
Does it appear likely from those marks? To be completely honest with you-no. I'm not saying you're marks are terrible and that you may as well give up now-but only a very small percentage of the stage get 95+, and it is important to rank well in assessment tasks because that counts a lot towards your final marks in the HSC.
But you can still pick up your marks in the trials and whatever other tasks are still to come...and obviously-it depends what school you go to-if you are at a school where everyone is above average then perhaps you are very much in the running with those marks...but if you think your school achieves average results overall, then you probably have some work to do to climb the ladder.
But yes-you still do have a hope.:)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
Do you "still have a hope?" Yes, of course-theres still half a year to go!
Does it appear likely from those marks? To be completely honest with you-no. I'm not saying you're marks are terrible and that you may as well give up now-but only a very small percentage of the stage get 95+, and it is important to rank well in assessment tasks because that counts a lot towards your final marks in the HSC.
But you can still pick up your marks in the trials and whatever other tasks are still to come...and obviously-it depends what school you go to-if you are at a school where everyone is above average then perhaps you are very much in the running with those marks...but if you think your school achieves average results overall, then you probably have some work to do to climb the ladder.
But yes-you still do have a hope.:)
I wouldnt say its unlikely
I did very badly in my first assessments in yr12 and I got over 95 UAI...it jus depends how much better u can do I suppose...u cant judge how much UAI a person can get until after the trials, because until then, there's always time to catch up

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
yeah ur do well if the rest of the year is good!!
I juz hope i do well,
My subjects arn't too hot!!
lol:(

malayz_angel

Have u considered dropping to general maths, I know most ppl don't because they stress about the whole scaling thing but let's face it, if u are failing assessments, maybe u should drop? Sorry I'm not trying to be discouraging or offensive, it's just that I know that Advanced Maths is hell and I dropped to general and I actually feel good about myself now. I used to worry so much about failing that I would keep thinking I was stupid because I wasn't doing well....then again, it's really up to you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)