General Maths; 90
IPT; 80-85
SDD; 70-75
Business Studies; 80-85

fanx foe ya help :)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
around 80 uai...

i converted your predicted hsc mark to scale mark based on last years records. the total is about 335/500 scale mark, one of my friend last year got 79.85 and got similar marks.

but with standard english its really hard to tell, because if you get a hsc mark of 75 you get a scale mark of only 59 and if you get 80 you get a scale mark of 74 which is a huge difference of 15 scale marks with a change of 5 hsc mark.

hope that helps :)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
you don't have to pick up any other subjects to get 90 uai if you just perform good by improving in the subjects you already got.

but i don't think standard english and to extend general math is worth doing. because why not just do adv english and math, if you get a crap mark it'll be the same as a good mark in standard english and general math since its all scaled. the whole point of scaling is that there is no advantage or disadvantage in choosing an easy course over a harder course. but there is a disadvantage however if you choose "easy course" and want good marks. because you have top the state or close to topping it in courses like standard english to get a decent mark, you could've got only 3 marks less than the person who came first and get a whole 10-20 scaled marks less, so one or two mistakes in standard english and general math can be the difference between 90 uai and 80 uai.

blazezs

Originally posted by abdooooo!!!

but with standard english its really hard to tell, because if you get a hsc mark of 75 you get a scale mark of only 59 and if you get 80 you get a scale mark of 74 which is a huge difference of 15 scale marks with a change of 5 hsc mark.

hope that helps :)
Ahh, thats completely wrong!

For standard english if you got 75% your scaled HSC mark is 51.6%.....

And if you got 80%, your scaled HSC mark is 54.4%! :D

Hope that helps you mate :rolleyes:

blazezs

Originally posted by Cyph

where did you get this from?
it sounds incorrect to me

UAISEEK.com.au

i do standard english, and thats what it gave out too me :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by blazezs
UAISEEK.com.au

i do standard english, and thats what it gave out too me :(
Do you mean percentile?!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
flyin' is correct - they are percentiles, and are not to be confused with marks or marks that are represented as percentages.

When using the UAISeeker, the 'aligned HSC mark' column on the results page which provide you with the equivalent HSC mark you're looking for.

blazezs

Originally posted by Lazarus
flyin' is correct - they are percentiles, and are not to be confused with marks or marks that are represented as percentages.

When using the UAISeeker, the 'aligned HSC mark' column on the results page which provide you with the equivalent HSC mark you're looking for.
what do you mean? I'm totally confused now. :(

Would you mind explaining it too me

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by blazezs
what do you mean? I'm totally confused now. :(

Would you mind explaining it too me
In future, please specify exactly what you don't understand and what you want explained. I have to go through and explain each item I included in my post now. :( A lot of time could be saved.

The UAISeeker uses percentiles. A percentile represents your position in the state. Being placed at the 80th percentile means you were better than or equal to 80% of the state (i.e. you were in the top 20%).

The UAISeeker does not (at this stage) accept marks or marks represented as percentages.

When you click 'calculate UAI' on the UAISeeker control panel, a page of results is displayed. One of the columns is titled 'Aligned HSC Mark'. The figures in this column are the marks that will appear on your BOS record of achievement, and are your HSC marks.

For example, in 2001, in English (Standard), the 75th percentile was equivalent to an HSC mark of approx 67.2 which was in turn equivalent to a scaled mark of approx 51.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)