I'm so damn confused.... (1 Viewer)

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Ok this will probably make me seem like the dumbest person in here, but can someone please help me!! What the hell am i doing all these assignments and assessment tasks for? what do they go towards? i just don't get the whole system....

Cuban

HSC
Well u dont seem to bright if you dont understand what assessments are and what they goto? Are you joking?
The assessments you did in the last term of year 11 through to your HSC exams all go towards your UAI mark, which is calculated at the end of year 12. As far as assignments go they are most likely used for internal assessment and class marks and for helping you in the actual assessment tasks. If you are in year 11 your assessment taks do not have anything to do with your final mark in year 12.

Bimbo

Southern Girl
NO I AM NOT JOKING!
I think it is also quite rude to assume that i'm not too bright when you know very little about my situation

The reason i am not sure is because i have only just started the HSC late last term. I haven't been to school since finishing Year 11 at the end of Term 3 last year. OTEN do not tell you much about how the HSC works, and what the assessments go towards, so this is why i asked.

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Thanks Bon...

I don't even know how many people i'm up against in each subject...i think when i get my first assessment marks back i will find out tho, cos it will have how many people sat the task.

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
so if your school has heaps of people that aren't too bright and you get a pretty poor mark like 20/60 in your exam yet still come ranked like 15th that would be still good ?

Bimbo

Southern Girl
i don't go to a SCHOOL, i study at home. I have no way of knowing how many other people are studying with OTEN until i receive back the first assessment ranks. I very much doubt i would ever get 20/60 for an assessment task, as i'm a good student. I can't really say how i will go ranking wise, as i have no idea what the other students are like.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
well i was talking in general that if a school has like say 90 people doing a chemistry exam and say i get 20/60 for that exam. yet i still come like 15th out of them would my marks matter still ?

hypothetically speaking :)

Bimbo

Southern Girl
i hope that all other people doing my courses with OTEN are dummies so that i look smart and get ranked high!! wishful thinking hey....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)