1/2 yearlies crisis (1 Viewer)

ang3l_mystiqu3

Hey theres...
I got my haly yearly assessments back and they were heaps bad!
I'd like to know approx. what my uai would be?

Assuming I had..
2u Maths - 85%
Maths Ext 1 - high 50s..% too ashamed to say
Physics - 80% - suprisingly
Eng Adv - high 50s..%
Eng Ext1 - im guessing.... 50%
Biology - 59%
Modern History - 65%

So yeah, based on those marks would you guys be able to approximate my uai? (u did it for those other ppl!)
Thanks

kini mini

HSC
People have taken a stab at predicting UAIs. These stabs are mere speculation and probably aren't accurate to within more than 5 UAI points in most cases!

You must try to estimate where you are in relation to the rest of the state. If you want us to try to do that for you, you'll have to give details of your school and your ranks rather than marks.

ang3l_mystiqu3

um my school should be one of the top 25 schools... i think

Rankings in my subjects?... um not sure about that considering our teachers don't even bother telling us.. only the top 3 ppl get mentioned.

But the averages in my school is
2u Maths - 75%
Maths Ext 1 - 60%
Physics - 73%
Eng Adv - 60% - approx.
Eng Ext1 - 55%
Biology - 75%
Modern History - 63%

Does that help?

d3adgurL

Originally posted by natstar

If your skool is one of the top 25, shoudent the averages be higher than that. I mean my skool was rated like 300 and something last year and had higher averages than some of those, if not around those marks.
Anyway i would estimate a uai around the 60's for those marks but i dunno really. im just lookin at all da 50's
I duno mayb my grade this year is dumber than the previous grades... ppl say our grade is the "fobby" grade.

But hmms.. i just thought that if i get in the 80s% in physics and 3u maths then my marks would scale up? I didnt get 80s% for 3u maths in this assesment but i did in the others.

big_will08

i had some shocking half yearlies too! im not really worried about how im doing coz i know i will do better next time...
my biggest fear is my parent's reaction when they will find out! i keep the exams away from them all the time and they only find out how im doing only via the reports!
reports got sent home last week through Aussie post...im not looking forward to the day they get it!

i think its best to not speculate how you are going to do but rather concentrate more on your school work from now on..and i believe the results you will get will reflect on your efforts!

Mossad

the thing with the half yealies and the trials is that they are harder than any other exams because they are built like the HSC, meaning they are long, exhausting and often include essays and some kinds of extended responses (in subjects like busines studies and legal studies).

i studied really hard for my half yearlies after getting some really nice results in assessments before and i suspect that i bombed out on my half yearlies (only based on my opinion)...

half yealies require much harder and different studying and there's still no guarantee of good marks, that's just how it is...

ReaveR

HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
People have taken a stab at predicting UAIs. These stabs are mere speculation and probably aren't accurate to within more than 5 UAI points in most cases!

You must try to estimate where you are in relation to the rest of the state. If you want us to try to do that for you, you'll have to give details of your school and your ranks rather than marks.
Hahahah I reckon Kini Mini has that copied away so that everytime someone asks this questions he doesn't have to type it all out again..^^ Makes sense too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)