Belonging Essay Question 2013 PREDICTION (1 Viewer)

zz30

HSC
Hi Guys..

Just wanted your opinions on what you think this years 2013 belonging paper's main theme will be centred around? (what the essay question will be mostly)

Mainly I think the question will be centred around identity, considering it hasn't been asked/implied in past HSC belonging exams.

Please post your thoughts below.

Cheers

fishrushed

HSC
I have a feeling that they're gonna choose a harder part of the rubric or a part that's overlooked by many. I think they might make it on belonging to, or exclusion, from the world of the text. Personally I have no idea what that means or how to interpret that :/ Identity could be possible

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Definitely be something weird.

I know for a fact that last year when I opened the paper and it was based on "time" I was dumbfounded.

Regardless of what pre-conceived notions you may have, Board of Studies will turn them on it's head.

Focus is Key

HSC
Hope so since I did that for my half-yearlies! Identity would be okay but I don't want it to be something cruel like time.

norwegianwood

HSC
i really really really hope it's on attitude / perceptions / sense of self / identity.
plz bos, if you are listening, don't ask about connections to place :(

albertcamus

HSC
Identity's too predictable - remember, it has to be from the rubric or related to that.

I'd say barriers to belonging/overcoming barriers to attain belonging.

Magical Kebab

HSC
I really hope it's barriers :) That's the essay I did in my half-yearly :p
It will be.
Not sure if anyone else here checks past papers cos they're most likely gonna pick something they haven't done. Look at prescriptions and past papers and cross off the things they've already asked.

zz30

HSC
Definitely be something weird.

I know for a fact that last year when I opened the paper and it was based on "time" I was dumbfounded.

Regardless of what pre-conceived notions you may have, Board of Studies will turn them on it's head.

I disagree man. tbh, the "time" concept with belonging should not have been a surprise to anyone. if you look in the rubric it clearly states "They may reflect the way attitudes to belonging are modified over time.". It doesn't seem the board of studies put much of a spin on the question in my opinion.

Last edited:

zz30

HSC
Identity's too predictable - remember, it has to be from the rubric or related to that.

I'd say barriers to belonging/overcoming barriers to attain belonging.
Identity IS in the rubric "students may consider aspects of belonging in terms of experiences and notions of identity".

I rekon it'll be barriers in attaining belonging and how identity comes into that.

zz30

HSC
anyone rekon it could be

"potential of the individual to enrich or challenge a community or group."? with an identity component to it?

or has it been asked/implied in past hsc papers??

gee-dee-enn95

HSC
It could be something like how an individual's own identity creates barriers to belonging...

I don't know. I guess we're just going to have to wait and see!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)