stimulus booklet?? (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hi ppl
i wanna know wat exactly shud we know abt da texts from the stimulus booklet? r we supposed 2 learn the features and themes conveyed by the texts all by heart ??? wat r we to know?
:( :confused:

byee

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Well the area of study is Change, have u started the area of study at school?

Anyway, come trials and HSC, u have to be able to write about how the stimulus text relates to the notion of change, in association/link to your prescribed text and other related texts. Things u'll have to talk about is the idea of change, the process of change conveyed by the author/artist, consequences of this change, and the techniques used by the author to convey this meaning.

Noelle

Originally posted by elizabethy
hi ppl
i wanna know wat exactly shud we know abt da texts from the stimulus booklet? r we supposed 2 learn the features and themes conveyed by the texts all by heart ??? wat r we to know?

byee
I haven't seen the stimulus book yet, we started with module A
What's in it and what do you think of it?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Re: Re: stimulus booklet??

Originally posted by Noelle

What's in it and what do you think of it?
Theres a few texts in it...about 5 or 6 I think. I gave mine back to school and don't remember exactly whats in it, but from memory, a picture and a photo (which is one text, linked), two poems, a short story, a little speech thing by Flacco, a picture of a fractals website, and I think that was all...

The booklet wasn't very good...Sky-high and the two poems were OK. The picture would have been OK, but I think there'd be way too much to write about. The flacco thing was totally stupid, and so was the fractals thing...there are SO many texts relating to change I don't know why they would have chosen those two.

I think the best ones to write about in an essay are the two poems. Flacco and the website there is barely anything to say about them. The graphics have far too much to say, and I think Sky-high has a bit too much too.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
just remember that the bos could specify (pretty unlikely) which text to write about from the stimulus booklet.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by elizabethy
hi ppl

byee
you should know how the stimulus texts relate to your prescribed texts and supplementary material (in terms of ideas relating to change and techniques) ... also know all of the stimulus texts because they (the board of studies) can specify which of the text you must discuss in an extended response ...

Last edited:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
theres a blurb at the beginning of the bos stimulus booklet it tells u what to look for and learn

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
theres a blurb at the beginning of the bos stimulus booklet it tells u what to look for and learn
ah ... i fear the board of studies, even when they bear advice ...:D

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
*laughs hysterically* :D

I might've laughed too laoudly, but noone else is going to get that, except maybe 2 or 3 other people

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
yes ... where is utopian731 and milly ... they'll understand ... :D

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by jessika
just remember that the bos could specify (pretty unlikely) which text to write about from the stimulus booklet.
I don't think they can specify which text to write about in the stimulus booklet, you only have to write about one of your own choice.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate

I don't think they can specify which text to write about in the stimulus booklet, you only have to write about one of your own choice.
my choice would be to burn the stimulus booklet:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)