Ideas Required Please! (Engineers, Hobbyists alike)!!! (1 Viewer)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
At school my science project qualified for a spot at this years Science Fair at UOW, my original project that won me this opportunity was a basic 'Homemade Battery' similar to something like this http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Homemade-Battery. The thing is that I want to make something better than measuring/reading the voltage with a mulitmeter and instead power something around ~9 volts like an LED flashing light and siren PCB for example. It still has to be around the subject of 'Homemade Battery', also can you recommend any other liquids besides soft drinks to produce a high voltage please and is buy able at shops?. I have a timeline, so time at this stage is critical to modify my original project and please any sensible ideas would be taken into my consideration and if it is really good and benefits my project in anyway your first name will be mentioned (at your consent) in the final presentation of this project at the University of Wollongong.

NB: I have access to and the use of a soldering iron, I do not know how to wire advanced PCB kits and so on... But I can get someone to help me though!

Thank you very much!

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
what exactly are you trying/wanting to do? (or is that what you're asking about lol)

if you want to increase voltage then just put a huge current in it with a transformer

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
what exactly are you trying/wanting to do? (or is that what you're asking about lol)

if you want to increase voltage then just put a huge current in it with a transformer
1. I am trying to make a homemade (cup) battery to be more specific, if you had a look at this my leader- http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Homemade-Battery... that can power ~9V (Equivalent) something like an LED and an ambulance siren or something.

2. Can you link me to a transformer suitable for this project?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
is this chemical engineering?

square out
Nah this is just a science project that I decided to make, plz come back ~ Kappa Master Race Leader ~ I need your help I'm serious!!!

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Technoash

HSC
I think lemon juice would work. The common red LEDs are usually < 3 volts and very low current draw (around 25mA) but I think that even your juice battery will have problems powering this :( Is there something specific you trying to show with this display?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
1. I am trying to make a homemade (cup) battery to be more specific, if you had a look at this my leader- http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Homemade-Battery... that can power ~9V (Equivalent) something like an LED and an ambulance siren or something.

1) I don't see how that makes a battery? from the photos on the link it looks like a circuit that has a cola medium in it

2) you can make one but it is very dangerous

Technoash

HSC

I don't think a transformer is suitable for this if your battery is outputting extremely low voltages. I think you should first build the battery and see how much voltage and current it can output. After that, you will be able to select an appropriate device to power.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I don't think a transformer is suitable for this if your battery is outputting extremely low voltages. I think you should first build the battery and see how much voltage and current it can output. After that, you will be able to select an appropriate device to power.
What kind of 'cool device' should I be looking at?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I think lemon juice would work. The common red LEDs are usually < 3 volts and very low current draw (around 25mA) but I think that even your juice battery will have problems powering this :( Is there something specific you trying to show with this display?
Yeah I am trying to show that it can power something basic such as an led light for an example but wouldn't that be boring?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
if you want some LED's or a motor I have some/one respectively. meet at central

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)