For Photoshop Users (1 Viewer)

chenny_lee

Are you a photoshop user? Are you obsessed with creating, editing and just procrastinating with photoshop?

Well I know I'am, I seem to always make something that ends up looking crap and to top it off, I wasted 2 hours.

Post any of your own designs here..

I'll Start of.

http://www.geocities.com/cityflare/ownscreen.htm

Last edited:

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I know, I know. None of my stuff is all that great. But Photoshop is the best procrastination tool ever - I agree! I made the last one on the list today when I was bored. :rolleyes: That was computer painted from scratch... which is not very usual for me. Usually I have a sketch, and work over the top in photoshop once I've scanned it into my computer.

So yeah. :p Here are some links to stuff I've done. Some recent, some less recent (their from older to newer). The first two are pieces of fan-art. The last two are original:

http://www.geocities.com/i_dailyshoes/Bite_me__colour_text.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/i_dailyshoes/KittenKaboodle.jpg
http://ew2.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/e/meldesiree/dragonlady_ew.jpg.html <------Sorry about the page format of that one, didn't want to link directly to the picture.
http://www.geocities.com/i_dailyshoes/Unicorn_woods_2.jpg

(edit) Oooh... NOW I see yours. Wow. I feel so inferior. :( So professional looking and nifty.

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by felix_js
photoshoppers rule
Photoshop CS (8.0) rules even more.

Last edited:

sei

HSC
can anyone give an amateur photoshop user a few pointers? (Yes I know where the 'help' function is, it's just a bit overwhelming).. :(

and photoshop is what they use for those dream photos that girls get huh!

btw I have photoshop 7

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Gah... I feel so left out. I still have Photoshop 6. :(

And perhaps before we go randomly giving away pointers, you should ask more specific questions? :)

Oh shit. I have to go to school and get all my stuff too! Erk! When's the last HSc exam? Friday?

chenny_lee

I finally got the picture successfully uploaded.

It can be found on the link

http://www.geocities.com/cityflare/ownscreen.htm

Photoshop 8 is going to come out soon i think. Most likely early to mid next year. Its suppose to be focused on the digital video camera or something.

To Daemontreu: Dont feel left out, photoshop 6 is capable of making some amazing images. I had to use photoshop 6 in grayscale for almost a year because my printer colour was stuffed up.

To sei: Just remember that everyone had to start somewhere, and what I did when I began using photoshop was just play with the tools. Get yourself acquainted with the toolbar and menu. Play around with everything and if you find all that boring, have a look at tutorial sites. When I first opened photoshop the wordless toolbar scared me, the simple images didnt really tell me what it did. But give it time and you'll find it the best designers program there is to offer.

Heres another image I made more recently.

http://www.geocities.com/cityflare/bubbles.htm

I saw it in a magazine and I was like "Lets see if I can do what the real designers do. Mine wasnt near as good but its a good enough try I guess.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I like http://www.geocities.com/cityflare/bubbles.htm - the texturing type stuff in the bubbles type stuff (oh yes, load on the technical terms).

Eh, I think I'm in the wrong place anyway. I'm hankering after Painter... That's more sort of what I do. Probably why my stuff doesn't look nearly as nifty or as smooth as yours. :p

Seems like you do image creation/manipulation, whereas I'm more stuck on the "colouring" side of things. But I guess that's the good thing about Photoshop, so versatile. :)

sei

HSC
Originally posted by Daemontreu
And perhaps before we go randomly giving away pointers, you should ask more specific questions? :)
well, is photoshop 7 a good program to use to edit scanned photos and digital camera photos?.. if so, what are the primary tools i should be looking at (i've tried many, but i end up with very strange effects..)

and my question b4 -is photoshop what is used to create those 'dream photos' that a lot of asian girls have?

chenny do you know if Photoshop 8 will be available as an upgrade or will you have to get a full new program?..

chenny_lee

Im pretty sure that photoshop 8 will be available as an upgrade. But Im not exactly sure. You should go to www.adobe.com and see how it would be released. Just stick with photoshop 7, its useful for many things anyway.

And to your other question sei PHOTOSHOP is the best for editing scanned and digital photos. The tools you want to use depends on what you want to do with the picture.

For example. If I wanted to get rid of wrinkles, or moles, etc etc. I would use the patch or clone tool. The clone tool allows you to copy another part of the selected skin./something. (I hope that makes sense) The hlp file will help you in learning how to use the tool. Playing around with it will help you get use to it. The patch just basically does the same thing but much nicer. You select a part of the 'something' and you drag it over to the part you wanna copy over.

Extract helps remove backgrounds.

Filters are gay in my opinion but they allow you to do some nice things. You can do the matrix green rain thing with only filters and colour manipulation.

AND to the other question. Yes Dream Photo's are made with photoshop. But the ppl at those dream photo's booth has some special set function put into their graphics tablets. Im pretty sure its just some blurring thing but not too sure. I can NEVER do to a good dream photo.

Daemontreu: Thanks for the comments. Colouring isnt bad. I cant really colour, i just trust the 'fill' tool. For some odd reason, when I print out my designs they look really crap. I just leave my designs on computer/web for the best effect. When its printed its got real bad colour and yeh everything. Even when I use CMYK.

Last edited:

sei

HSC
thanks chenny! very useful help, I'll try it out now.. :)

hmmm maybe someone should quiz the dream photo ppl next time someone gets one huh?.. unless someone else knows the set up ... tho it does look mainly like a blur, and any unnatural or not nice skin tones are just faded out i think.. and eye colours are often changed as well ! :confused:
i'm assuming that the backgrounds for those dream photos are at least more basic to make?

and btw, your images were great ! (i forgot to comment).. one think i didn't get tho was why you chose the dodge viper to go with the bubble theme?..

what's CMYK ?

thanks for the help!

chenny_lee

CMYK is the colour layout for printers.
I forgot what it stands for, hmm.. Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and K =)
Like RGB is the colour setting for computers, Red Green Blue.

Yeah I reckon the dodge is a mad car so I put it there, the original magazine image had some go-cart and I couldnt get a go cart photo so I just used a dodge I had in my stock pile.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by chenny_lee
I finally got the picture successfully uploaded.
Actually, your original link was working. It was only because you were trying to hotlink the picture that others weren't able to view your picture, without having to copy and paste the URL into their browsers, rather than having the link hotlinkable.
Photoshop 8 is going to come out soon i think. Most likely early to mid next year. Its suppose to be focused on the digital video camera or something.
It's already out. It is November, so it's not "likely early to mid next year" - you're saying that "new software will come out next year, or within 6 months". That's like saying "a new movie will come out next thursday" (which happens to be cinema release day each week).
Im pretty sure that photoshop 8 will be available as an upgrade. But Im not exactly sure. You should go to www.adobe.com and see how it would be released. Just stick with photoshop 7, its useful for many things anyway.
Photoshop CS is available as both an upgrade and as full version, like all other Adobe software. It is always available as a complete (full version) standalone, and is available as an upgrade for previous owners.

CMYK is the colour layout for printers.
I forgot what it stands for, hmm.. Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and K =)
Like RGB is the colour setting for computers, Red Green Blue.
Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, BlacK
So, why do we refer to these four ink colours as CMYK and not CMYB?

It's so that no one will be confused into thinking that the last color is Blue rather than blacK
:D ;)

Last edited:

sei

HSC
Huy, do you have Photoshop 8? If so, is it a worthwhile upgrade?

I'm going to go and find out more about it now.. if I'm going to start mucking around with photoshop I at least want to be using the good stuff.. not that 7 isn't good :p

and Huy (Mr Information Man!) dazzle us with your tips in creating dream photos using photoshop ;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sei
Huy, do you have Photoshop 8? If so, is it a worthwhile upgrade?
Worthwhile upgrade from 7? No.
Upgrading from 4, 5 or 6? Definately.

You won't notice much of a difference between 7 or 8, besides a few eye-candy (cosmetics, splash screens, fancy stuff). Nothing you wont miss in 7.

Don't pay for the full version, what ever you do. Always ask for an upgrade package, and use your previous edition to upgrade, which will save you more money.

Or if you're going from a Mac, you can trade in your Mac Photoshop for a PC version, but I don't think you need to do that anymore since they are Hybrid discs now (PC/Mac compatible), so you can still use a Mac edition, upgrade to Photoshop 8, and transfer your license across platforms. Nice hey? :)

7 will suit your needs, and even (hardcore) Photoshop 7 users will not see *much* of an improvement on Creative Suite (8.0).

Tips in creating dream photos?
I don't have any ;)

My advice though, "meet the girl in real life, without the make-up, the air brushing and the touch-ups, then see if you can be with her at 4am in the morning with messed up hair while she's snoring"

Dream photos are exactly that, dream photos! ;) :p

Nothing beats the real thing (face-to-face meets, no illusions/trickeries)

:)

sei

HSC
thanks for that Huy! :D

err...and about the sage advice - i'm only thinking about dabbling with photos I already have or take.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)