Chinese People Have No Arm/Leg Hair? (1 Viewer)

Mudkip94

HSC
I know two chinese guys who I've recently noticed don't have hair on their arms and legs so I lol'd at them. Is this normal for chinese people or have they not hit puberty yet (they're 16)?

Divinity_

HSC
hahas . i think it's true but i know some chinese guys who have a fair bit hair on their arms and legs. it varies actually.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
It is probably a consequence of the aquatic lifestyle of the coastal mongoloid populations creating a selective advantage for hairlessness. Note also that seaports are the historical hub of commerce so it is unsuprising that such populations would come to be dominant in the asian region.

Might. not. be. true.

louy

HSC
N/A
It is fairly common that Chinese people are not too hairy. Not just hairless on their arms and legs, they also do not have much facial hair.

lala2

Banned
HSC
It varies. Northern Chinese (so Hong Kong, Taiwan and mainland China) have more hair than SE Asian Chinese, due to the colder climate. Maybe the guys you're referring to are Singaporean or Malaysian? I have very little hair as a Malaysian Chinese. Gotta love not having to shave arms and legs :D

cherii2007

HSC
I'm a HK Chinese, and as a girl I'm fairly hairy compared to other Asian girls.
I can thank my boredom for that though...I got bored and shaved my arm hair (which used to be SO thin and short compared to now ''==) a while ago. Same with my legs...........

lesson learnt.

likingtherain

HSC
N/A
Is that true then? If you shave your hair it comes back thicker? Could we run a test and someone just shave one arm for a year and see if the hair at the end of the year is thicker than the other arm?

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
girls are more hairier
boys are less, cept on their heads, which suddenly disappears when they hit 50
attribute it to lack of testosterone or genetics, i guess it also explains the fairer skin and whatnot

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
haha i have like barely any arm hair.. and barely any leg hair.. but my leg hair is a tiny bit thicker now because i shave them.

rinc

HSC
I'm chinese and have realllllly fine and light leg hairs that aren't really visible unless you closely inspect my legs haha. Same goes for arm hair too. It's the best when you're a girl.

It goes for head hair too though. Mine is extremely fine, naturally quite light and dead straight and my sisters have wavy,thick, dark (almost black) hair on their heads as well as much darker arm and leg hair

Daipire

HSC
Chinese people don't have body hairs until they get old, where, on their 50th birthday, they sprout a long white moustache so they can teach kung fu, this happens regardless of gender.

Based purely apon stereotypes, please, no one take this seriously

Anyway, I haven't noticed arm hairs (having said that, i don't exactly look out for it) but some of the phillipinos have some pretty seedy mo's going on.

kanux

HSC
lmao, my eldest bro. he has hair on his forearms but its not that visible but it is there alright.
but then my other bro, his hairy as shit...especially his legs *shudders*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)