21st birthday present suggestions (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
A friend of mine's having her 21st birthday party next month, what should i get her?

I'm thinking maybe perfume of some sort (what's a very good one?), or maybe a gift card of some sort, but yeah, some suggestions please :)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Candles from dusk.

The only girl I really know who to get presents for is my gf.

Anyone else and they'll probably get candles, alcohol or some jewellery that I only chipped in for.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
A friend of mine's having her 21st birthday party next month, what should i get her?

I'm thinking maybe perfume of some sort (what's a very good one?), or maybe a gift card of some sort, but yeah, some suggestions please :)
vibrator

klaris

HSC
JLo Glow, Britney Spears Curious -- both pretty good perfumes.

Also know a lot of girls who go crazy of Joop (perfume)

If not, you can't go wrong with jewellery, money, alcohol, gift cards are also good (Myer etc), CDs, DVDs, 21st memorabillia, photo frames etc., jewellery box (a good one from Prouds or Wallace Bishop), books,

It really depends on what she likes herself. I mean, if she isn't a jewellery person don't get her jewellery.

Pratical stuff would also probably be good; e.g broadband/phone credit, home appliances etc etc.

Hope this helps.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i normally give money to my guy friends for birthday presents, but i got a job recently, and giving money is kinda lazy, so i wanna get an actual present.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
JLo Glow, Britney Spears Curious -- both pretty good perfumes.

Also know a lot of girls who go crazy of Joop (perfume)

If not, you can't go wrong with jewellery, money, alcohol, gift cards are also good (Myer etc), CDs, DVDs, 21st memorabillia, photo frames etc., jewellery box (a good one from Prouds or Wallace Bishop), books,

It really depends on what she likes herself. I mean, if she isn't a jewellery person don't get her jewellery.

Pratical stuff would also probably be good; e.g broadband/phone credit, home appliances etc etc.

Hope this helps.
wow this isnt a list of the worst most bogan perfumes ever made ok

sydchick

HSC
N/A
I would get her jewellery and perfume.

Other than that, Michelle hassome pretty good suggestions.

You just have to ask your friend what she likes -- does she watch a heap of DVDs? Music?

I know that the practical stuff is always a good idea. For my birthday last year one of my best friends got me broadband/phone (modem + mobile) credit and that got me about $300 credit for two months which was a big help.

If she is in uni (I am presuming she is) then the credit etc, can't go over too badly as I don't know many uni students who aren't strapped for cash these days.

It also depends on how much you want to spend. What is your price range for the pressie?

I know you said that money is taking the easy way out but I wouldn't dismiss it so easily. Money is good if you have NO IDEA what to get her or if she asks for it. She might also want to save a bit of money for some reason or another.

I always tell my friends/family to get me money because I would prefer that than shower gels that they get me, most of which I already own. It's like "Happy Birthday! No go shower."

More suggestions: make-up, hair straighteners, hair curlers, PJs, moisturisers, sunnies, clothing (if you know what she likes), chocolate, espresso machine etc,.

That's all I can think of right now.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

Marc Jacobs - Lola.

efhat

HSC
its her 21st so u wanna make a good impression, get her something special. Broadband?? For christmas or something yeah sure, but not for a 21st

Perfume is a good idea if u cant think of anthing more specific, but research some more quality fragrances that will last.

Jewellery is good if you have an idea of what she likes, anything but rings tho, i think they send the wrong message in my opinion lol

Otherwise electronics are great, ipods, dvd box sets etc etc

If she likes alcohol, maybe a nice collection ie the absolut vodka flavours, or something similar.

It really comes down to preference and how much ur willing to spend
Good luck!

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A

Perfume is nice- but can I just say, if you don't know her tastes it probably isn't the best idea. I could tell you the ones I love but that would be useless if she likes heavy scents.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Jewellery is good if you have an idea of what she likes, anything but rings tho, i think they send the wrong message in my opinion lol
i wouldnt mind buying her a ring tbh ;)

Perfume is nice- but can I just say, if you don't know her tastes it probably isn't the best idea. I could tell you the ones I love but that would be useless if she likes heavy scents.
yea exactly what i was thinking.

hm...

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
i wouldnt mind buying her a ring tbh ;)

yea exactly what i was thinking.

hm...
Veer away from Perfume and jewellery.

I've always considered perfume a personal thing unless you know for sure, she likes that scent and all you're really doing is getting her a refill.

Jewellery is in the domain of a boyfriend. Or a female friend at least. If you're in neither category, I wouldn't go there.

HSC
Veer away from Perfume and jewellery.

I've always considered perfume a personal thing unless you know for sure, she likes that scent and all you're really doing is getting her a refill.

Jewellery is in the domain of a boyfriend. Or a female friend at least. If you're in neither category, I wouldn't go there.
yess i couldnt agree more! that is so true.

like i find perfume, is so subjective?
jewelry exactly what tallkid says.

get her something practical that she will use.
not some pretty thing that just sits in the corner all day.
booorang! no matter how pretty it looks.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

omg YAY i love these threads!

okay well, i think perfume would be a heaaaaaps good idea! depending on how much you want to spend of course...

britney spears curious and JLo perfumes are very popular. a bit cheap though imo ($30 for 100mL of curious)... you could probably get a nice gift pack though which usually contains a bottle of perfume plus a lotion and body wash for around $50

mid range perfumes you have the older two mariah carey perfumes (around $50-60), which at the moment come out in gift packs containing the fragrance, a body lotion and shimmer brush

getting a little more expensive, you have stella (by stella mccartney), its in a purple bottle and is one of my all time favourites! soo elegant... averages around $90 i think for the 100mL bottle...
the new mariah carey perfume, called "forever" is quite nice, its about $110 for 100mL...
ralph (by ralph lauren) is a CLASSIC, which averages around $80 for 100mL....
young sexy lovely by YSL (also one of my all time favourites) averages about $75 for the 75mL bottle...
marc jacobs daisy is beautiful, i think its around $80 for 75mL

finally, narciso rodriguez for HER is a beautiful perfume, i have it and i love it... its not cheap though... i got my eau de parfum 100mL bottle for $180 so yeah lol...

to get her perfume though, youve GOT to know what she likes... try and pay attention to what kinda perfume she currently wears... eg. if she wears sweet scents, get her something sweet smelling... if she wears woody/musky scents, get her something like that

now all that ^^ is just if you want to buy her a perfume... it all depends on how much you want to spend... you dont even have to buy her a perfume... the body shop has some AWESOME body packs out for xmas... i think they contain like a body butter, body wash, moisturizer, lip balm and exfoliator (or something like that) and id say they would be around the $60-70 mark, totally worth it but imo.. they have COCONUT omg, best smell of all time... they also have things like strawberry, cherry blossom, lime, mango etc... reaaally nice stuff!

you could also get her jewellry, although its harder to choose something she would like... you have to know whether she prefers silver/gold, big jewellry or small jewellry, has she got her ears pierced, ring size, would she wear it? etc...

you could always just get her some alcohol or a VISA prepaid credit card if all else fails... lol
i reckon the body shop's gift packs are a heaps good way to go... so yummy, id be over the moon if someone got me a coconut one of those lol.. or their coconut perfume oil OMG <3
except its been discontinued because it only sells well in australia and not overseas, only a few stores still have it in stock... GAY! luckily for me, my closest store has it in stock muahahhahaha :)

kk good luck with all that, im gonna go now before i start sounding more like an advertisement...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)