Serial Killers (1 Viewer)

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I really have a fascination when it comes to Serial killers. Back in highschool i did two major projects on them. I just finished a book called Sole Survivor: Children that Murder their Families. And Cannibal Killers.

My mum's afraid of me.

Kittycat

HSC
Lol,

At one stage of my life, I think I wanted to be an assassin.

I am with you, I have a fascination when it comes to Serial killers. I read alot on them.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
my favourite serial killers would be...jeff dahmer, the zodiac killer, and..maybe edmund kemper?
how about yourself?

Last edited:

inasero

Reborn
HSC
ur doing BoSoSc Criminology - UWS, Bankstown? wow cool! i was also considering Social Science (Criminology) at UNSW. Well, at least after spending a year studying crime for Ext 1 English.

Anyhows, read up on "The Bone Collector" by Jeffrey Deaver, I think you'd enjoy it mightily.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Hehe, I used to be fixated on serial killers as well. I used to watch the Scream movies and think 'If I were them, I would have killed her like this...'

How disturbing.. :p

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I own the whole Jeff Deaver collection! I'm also going through Minette Walters at the moment aswell. Yeah, i am doing BoSoSc in Criminology at UWS. I also tried for UNSW, but it went up to 88 this year, so no chance. i'm happy at UWS i think, because the program is more flexible, and not as rigid as the UNSW program (so it seems). I did Crime fiction for 3UE back in highschool aswell ;) I actually did Bone Collector as one of my texts for the HSC. If i were to recommend a crime fic' book...i would recommend...hmm, i dunno. I really like Patricia Cornwell's 'The Body Farm'

inasero

Reborn
HSC
jeffrey deaver is the best!!!
i also like 'the empty chair'...chilling stuff

so babyslug, are you more interested in the complex psychologies of the serial killers or the investigative processes used to bring them to justice?

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
In terms of books? I actually prefer reading books by the 'Psycho Killer' Authors, rather than 'Psychological thriller' Authors.
At uni i plan on doing crim as my major, and psychology as my submajor - i think i'm mostly fascinated by the psychology behind the serial killings. But the investigative processes are also heaps cool ;) I wanna do forensic sciences in my first year, but i didn't do sciences in highschool, hec i didn't even do maths. We'll see how it goes...

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by babyslug
I really have a fascination when it comes to Serial killers. Back in highschool i did two major projects on them. I just finished a book called Sole Survivor: Children that Murder their Families. And Cannibal Killers.

My mum's afraid of me.
Note to self: stay away from his guy:D

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i hope you all frequent crime library then :)

my grandfather was one of the police officers involved in the 'mutilator' case...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l'm more into "mysteries of the universe" but serial killers do fanstinate me.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
No i'm mainly fascinated by the psychology *behind* the serial killings. However at some stage in my life i did have post mortem pictures of the 'ripper victims' on my bedroom walls.

OOH! I frequent crimelibrary all the time! It's a good read.
What in this thread has been disturbing, chelloveck?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l'm more into the aliens and self combustion and murders.

Also UFO's and Ape Men :)

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
haha, i used to think that the US was one of the good forces in the world

Rwep

Jeffry Dahmer springs to mind of course...

Son Of Sam was pretty interesting, creative too.

Others... uh Monster of Andres, Ted Bundy...

I wouldn't say any are my 'favourite' o_^. Just interesting.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
if ur into that kinda stuff i done a serial killer for my legal studies assignemnt n i came acrosss i a pretty scary website.... if u into this stuff then check it out

its at.... www.shyscyberchamber.com

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I'll have to check it out. I found pictures of jeff dahmer's VICTIMS. That was pretty scary - however i included it into my multimedia major project during my HSC year. Haha...that was probably crossing the line a bit. But man...they were just like..torsos and meat, and dog heads impaled on sticks and stuff...It made me irk a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)