Lucid Dreaming/Sleep Paralysis (1 Viewer)

PH011

HSC
Just read about this stuff.. So interesting/creepy...
Anyone ever had a lucid dream/out of body experience? Do share your stories...

Sometimes I have this reccurring dream where I'm on the side of the highway riding a tricycle across the bridge and I'm in my younger form... And it always happens just before I wake up to go to school.. So creepy...

Also experiences of falling are common... When I'm about to hit the ground and die, I wake up with a huge jolt...

tl;dr, tell stories about dreams

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
This is a dream i had a couple of years ago that possibly involved sleep paralysis, im not sure if i was awake
or still asleep.

I thought i had just woken from a dream, i could tell it was still night, probably around 3am, and i was in one of those 'cbf getting up and checking the time because it involves movement' kinda mood, so i was just lying there for a bit, until i realised i couldnt actually move. As much as i tried to force myself, i just couldn't move, i couldnt even look around, i was stuck staring at the corner of my room. This made me kinda worried, i had no idea what was going on and i began to think whether i was actually awake or if i were still asleep.

Then something weird happened.
I go this feeling that something was entering my room, and i started to creep out.
Then i saw, from the corner of my eye, this large dark shape, slowly crawling along the floor to the side of my bed.
I was absolutely filled with fear by this stage (kinda hard to describe).
It then stood up, drawing itself to its full height. I was still stuck in my lying down position (it was kinda awkward too, on my back with one of my arms at a weird uncomfortable angle), and from the corner of my eye i see this massive thing standing next to my bed, i was absolutely terrified.

I then wake up.
As soon as i opened my eyes i sat up straight, to make sure that im not actually paralysed. I see my room, and outside my room, exactly how it looked like in that weird dream. Everything was exact, even the dim light from outside my room was turned on, just like in the dream.

--copy pasted from my bosblog, where i put my weird dreams if i remember them.

PH011

HSC
I want to try lucid dreaming but I have this extreme fear that I might encounter something so scary and seemingly so real that I might have some sort of panic attack/metal breakdown...
And if this were to happen during sleep paralysis, I wouldn't be able to do anything except g. Insane..
Am I alone with this irrational fear?

russs

yeeeee
HSC
I get sleep paralysis every now and then.

It only happens when I nap while extremely tired during the day - I don't think it ever happened to me while properly sleeping at night. I wake up and I can't move, can only look straight ahead and realize what is going on, but visually/auditory wise things are kind of skewed and not fully real. If it happens I just try to fall asleep/rest and then I get out of it. Once I got out of it by just waiting.

I don't normally dream, but lucid dreams I've had on a few occasions. Usually the same thing happens - I can fly, I really get into it and then get really disappointed that I can't do it anymore when I wake up.

I notice some things happen commonly when I dream:

* sensations of falling (as noted by OP)
* teeth falling out
* when trying to run, legs move really slowly
* when trying to escape a bad situation, the dream gets stuck in a loop where you keep escaping but can't fully get out of whatever is happening. It just keeps going until I wake up.

interesting stuff, let me know if any of you's get these too.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
This is a dream i had a couple of years ago that possibly involved sleep paralysis, im not sure if i was awake
or still asleep.

I thought i had just woken from a dream, i could tell it was still night, probably around 3am, and i was in one of those 'cbf getting up and checking the time because it involves movement' kinda mood, so i was just lying there for a bit, until i realised i couldnt actually move. As much as i tried to force myself, i just couldn't move, i couldnt even look around, i was stuck staring at the corner of my room. This made me kinda worried, i had no idea what was going on and i began to think whether i was actually awake or if i were still asleep.

Then something weird happened.
I go this feeling that something was entering my room, and i started to creep out.
Then i saw, from the corner of my eye, this large dark shape, slowly crawling along the floor to the side of my bed.
I was absolutely filled with fear by this stage (kinda hard to describe).
It then stood up, drawing itself to its full height. I was still stuck in my lying down position (it was kinda awkward too, on my back with one of my arms at a weird uncomfortable angle), and from the corner of my eye i see this massive thing standing next to my bed, i was absolutely terrified.

I then wake up.
As soon as i opened my eyes i sat up straight, to make sure that im not actually paralysed. I see my room, and outside my room, exactly how it looked like in that weird dream. Everything was exact, even the dim light from outside my room was turned on, just like in the dream.

--copy pasted from my bosblog, where i put my weird dreams if i remember them.
Look into this (scroll to Hypnagogia section):

Shadow people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

xMaNx

HSC
I had a dream about a year ago (i've had a similarish dream about 3-4 times), cant properly remember it, but it was a state where I was trying to shout for help, and it felt like I was awake, yet I was asleep, so I was lying there, trying to shout for help, but my mouth wouldn't open, and I could actually visualise my whole face...

But from a previous experience, I had this feeling like "I have to open my mouth", so then, I was there for about 2-3 minutes putting pressure on myself to open my mouth, and then started talking, which is when my sleep kinda broke off.

Then, I started talking, god knows what, and fell back asleep while talking... in the morning my mum said "you were talking in your sleep" :(

Another weird one was when I was small, I had a regular dream where a very large metal ball was chasing me, and with that I was always running away from it, that dream scared the shit out of me, and I couldn't move sometimes even when I wanted.

Once I remember, i was sleeping, had that dream, then my dad came in to turn my light off, it was around 12:30-1am, and i got up and started saying "not fair", my dad said: what's not fair?, to which I replied, it's just not fair, then he said "go back to sleep" so I pulled myself together, and thought finally, that dream is over and walked back into bed, and since then have never had that dream again, touchwood, hated it.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
I had a dream that I was speeding and got into a police chase. A few weeks later I got pulled up in almost the same spot...for going too slow! epic fail

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I had a dream about a year ago (i've had a similarish dream about 3-4 times), cant properly remember it, but it was a state where I was trying to shout for help, and it felt like I was awake, yet I was asleep, so I was lying there, trying to shout for help, but my mouth wouldn't open, and I could actually visualise my whole face...

But from a previous experience, I had this feeling like "I have to open my mouth", so then, I was there for about 2-3 minutes putting pressure on myself to open my mouth
, and then started talking, which is when my sleep kinda broke off.

Then, I started talking, god knows what, and fell back asleep while talking... in the morning my mum said "you were talking in your sleep" :(

Another weird one was when I was small, I had a regular dream where a very large metal ball was chasing me, and with that I was always running away from it, that dream scared the shit out of me, and I couldn't move sometimes even when I wanted.

Once I remember, i was sleeping, had that dream, then my dad came in to turn my light off, it was around 12:30-1am, and i got up and started saying "not fair", my dad said: what's not fair?, to which I replied, it's just not fair, then he said "go back to sleep" so I pulled myself together, and thought finally, that dream is over and walked back into bed, and since then have never had that dream again, touchwood, hated it.
lol holy shit, bold bit has happened to me too! (not anymore though :()

and something similar to ur last paragraph happened to me when i was like 7.

in my dream my dad was standing next to my bed and asked me if i wanted to eat a banana (he's all into eating fruit) and i angrily said NOO!, and i said that irl too and i woke up, lol :eek:

PH011

HSC
Oh and btw, can this lucid dreaming state be achieved through drugs like LSD? Anyone tried it??
Just a little curious :)
Oh and has anyone ever jad a dream about the "creepy dream man" (google it for the pic)
I honestly can't remember of I have but that picture just creeps me out so much..

Last edited:

xMaNx

HSC
why do u want it, i hated it.

Now I have no dreams at all, it's the best feeling ever!

xMaNx

HSC
you should gather all and make a horror movie out of them :cool:

your's was pretty freaky, just saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)