Stupidest thing you've been punished for? (1 Viewer)

loisib

HSC
I understand they do it for our own good but sometimes when they punish us it's just a means of reasserting their authority or simply taking out their pms.

So far i've been grounded for countless months after my parents:

- Read my diary and didn't like what they saw
- Read my text messages and didn't like what they saw (had a boyfriend at the time.. need i say more?)

The fact they were invading my privacy was obviously not an issue..

A few days ago i came home 15 minutes late and now i'm grounded for these holidays - I'm 17.

What is the stupidist thing a parent or teacher has gotten you in trouble for?

jasonn

HSC
hmmm.. i don't think most of us gets 'grounded' anymore. we just get frowned upon. or atleast i do.

Tofuu

HSC
talking when the teacher talk = detention

loisib

HSC
*sighh*

I know, grounding is such an American thing, I think my mum watches too much dr phill

mes ami

HSC
I've gotten screamed at when I was in year 9 for using metal scissors because I might cut myself. apparently we werent allowed to use metal scissors at home, only plastic ones.

jasonn

HSC
I've gotten screamed at when I was in year 9 for using metal scissors because I might cut myself. apparently we werent allowed to use metal scissors at home, only plastic ones.
wow when u were in year 9.. i must say that it very strict.

bio_nut

HSC
Leaving a sock on the floor

"Looking at them funny" (some how presumed I was being rude)

mes ami

HSC
wow when u were in year 9.. i must say that it very strict.
you have no idea.

I have friends that had stricter parents. It got to the point where they were pretty much forced to study in their rooms, had tutor appointments all the time, werent allowed to go out at all and weren't allowed to get home 10 minutes later than their normal home arrival time. Yeah they were Asian.

jasonn

HSC
you have no idea.

I have friends that had stricter parents. It got to the point where they were pretty much forced to study in their rooms, had tutor appointments all the time, werent allowed to go out at all and weren't allowed to get home 10 minutes later than their normal home arrival time. Yeah they were Asian.
hmm. i'm asian too but my parents are way more lenient than that.. i dno, i think its a cycle.. my grandparents were really strict on my parents, but as did every1 in the 70s, they 'rebelled', so that's why they arent as strict on me..

mes ami

HSC
hmm. i'm asian too but my parents are way more lenient than that.. i dno, i think its a cycle.. my grandparents were really strict on my parents, but as did every1 in the 70s, they 'rebelled', so that's why they arent as strict on me..
um asian stereotype - children being locked in rooms, told they are worthless unless they get top grades. very common in asian countries such as japan, china and south korea.

jasonn

HSC
um asian stereotype - children being locked in rooms, told they are worthless unless they get top grades. very common in asian countries such as japan, china and south korea.
also applies to indians.. but then again 80% of james ruse is asian or indian, so being locked in a room pays off

Sadiah

HSC
Looking at the clock on the wall in my maths class, in year 10.
I only like glanced at it to know what time it is, and the teacher was like sadiahhh, how dare you look at the clock when I'm teaching you! If you are so eager to get out of this lesson, then just get the hell out of here!

I was like uh-oh:uhoh:.

Never knew looking at the clock was a sin.

But yepp.. funny times, I guess. :D

peekay

HSC
A few holidays ago (last year or year before) my dad says to me, sarcastically "So I'll wake you up at 6 yeah?" and I'm like (sarcastically) "Dad, if you wake me up at 6, ill slap you in the face!"

May not sound as comical through text, but I wasnt allowed out the next day. I still cant believe it to this day, I'm sure ive said worse things since then without any punishment. Just because I refused to apologise (I'm one of those 'stand up for what you believe in' kind of people). Ahh parentsss

allira92

HSC
mum forgot where she put a bag of lollies and so she assumed I had taken them so I was punished... only for her to find them a week later

jasonn

HSC
Looking at the clock on the wall in my maths class, in year 10.
I only like glanced at it to know what time it is, and the teacher was like sadiahhh, how dare you look at the clock when I'm teaching you! If you are so eager to get out of this lesson, then just get the hell out of here!

I was like uh-oh:uhoh:.

Never knew looking at the clock was a sin.

But yepp.. funny times, I guess. :D
a few weeks ago, i got blasted in english for turning around and talking, when two mates on either side of me were sleeping with their heads on the desk..

dont know how that works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)