Still My Guitar Gently Weeps. (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Just reporting on the tragical death of my acoustic guitar. I had it stood-up against a wall, only to have it pushed over hard by my younger brother, and see the top of the guitar (past the neck) snap off. Rather annoying, although I plan to classify it as the casualty of a wild stage show. :p

Has anyone else suffered from musical instrument destruction?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ooh, better than my acoustic's death :|

Mine kinda "fell" from my hands onto the floor smashing into a thousand pieces ////

note to self: never grab instrument when angry

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
acoustics can be fixed but never the same sound or quality as the original, its like taking a painting and then accidently smudging it and try to redo the painting, it just doesnt work

mine was a lost cause, the whole body was shattered and the sound was awful after that

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by babyslug
REMEMBER! When in doubt, make like a tree and run away.

OT: hehe bring it on again has the funniest quote

"make like a tom and cruise" :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Just reporting on the tragical death of my acoustic guitar. I had it stood-up against a wall, only to have it pushed over hard by my younger brother, and see the top of the guitar (past the neck) snap off. Rather annoying, although I plan to classify it as the casualty of a wild stage show. :p

Has anyone else suffered from musical instrument destruction?
OMG:eek: that is the SAME thing that happened to my first guitar and i almost started crying on the spot...but then i got over it and now i like my new one even better :D
btw, when i opened this thread, i expected it to be about the song by george harrison if anyone knows what im talking about ;)

Mike iE

HSC
Was playing my electric and my strap lock snapped, my guitar fell down against my amp, snapping across the first fret.... still havent fixed it and im stuck with a shitty ibanez

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Re: Re: Still My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Originally posted by Sarah168
OMG:eek: that is the SAME thing that happened to my first guitar and i almost started crying on the spot...but then i got over it and now i like my new one even better :D
btw, when i opened this thread, i expected it to be about the song by george harrison if anyone knows what im talking about ;)
Yeah.. I also have an out-of-tune electric guitar [Onyx..It was cheap] to suffice.. Unfortunately, it isn't a clean break which makes it harder to fix, so I'll just have to survive onto I can buy a new acoustic. :)

And yes, the title was intended to refer to the song. :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Mike iE
Was playing my electric and my strap lock snapped, my guitar fell down against my amp, snapping across the first fret.... still havent fixed it and im stuck with a shitty ibanez
lol thats either one hell of an amp or one shitty guitar :|

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
My bass has a few dents in it from doing who knows what, but it still plays fine.
My $3000 clarinet didn't fare so well, it dropped onto the piano one day and got a huge crack in the wood, luckily it only cost $250 to fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)