moving out of an abusive home (1 Viewer)

izzy90

HSC
N/A
i didn't know where abouts to post this but was hoping if i could get some advice.

i live in a family where my parents are emotionally abusive on a daily basis and sometimes if i tend to rebel there is physical abuse.
i am so sick of it, i want to move out but don't know where to go.
i can live with relatives coz they would just send me back, and i stay over my friends coz i dont want to burden their families.
i recently told my bf about what happens and he suggested we could live in together somewhere but it would be so hard for both of us coz we just work part time and dont earn much and his family would hate me if they find out their son would live with his gf before marriage (asian families -_-). I know its going to sound pathetic that being 20 i have suffered and am suffering but to find accomodation, study at uni and work seems near impossible and really hard

so has anyone been in this situation?
what would you guys suggest?

HSC
What do they do that is emotionally abusive?
Do your relatives know that you are abused?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Move into like uni accommodation, get emancipated (or whatever) and go on centrelink.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i didn't know where abouts to post this but was hoping if i could get some advice.

i live in a family where my parents are emotionally abusive on a daily basis and sometimes if i tend to rebel there is physical abuse.
i am so sick of it, i want to move out but don't know where to go.
i can live with relatives coz they would just send me back, and i stay over my friends coz i dont want to burden their families.
i recently told my bf about what happens and he suggested we could live in together somewhere but it would be so hard for both of us coz we just work part time and dont earn much and his family would hate me if they find out their son would live with his gf before marriage (asian families -_-). I know its going to sound pathetic that being 20 i have suffered and am suffering but to find accomodation, study at uni and work seems near impossible and really hard

so has anyone been in this situation?
what would you guys suggest?
enrol in uni so that u can have uni accomodation and get an education to give you a job that can sustain u financially.

izzy90

HSC
N/A
What do they do that is emotionally abusive?
Do your relatives know that you are abused?
heaps of swearing, threats, being blamed for things that isn't even my fault etc.,
nahh my relatives don't know and even if they do they would take my parents side, my family is good at putting on a 'happy/loving family' mask.

izzy90

HSC
N/A
Move into like uni accommodation, get emancipated (or whatever) and go on centrelink.
yeahh i was thinking of uni accomodation but not to sure atm, im gonna research more abt it, i dont want to end up on the streets lolz

izzy90

HSC
N/A
enrol in uni so that u can have uni accomodation and get an education to give you a job that can sustain u financially.
i am already at uni and have a part time job, but not sure whether the money i have saved would be enough to support me :(

HSC
heaps of swearing, threats, being blamed for things that isn't even my fault etc.,
nahh my relatives don't know and even if they do they would take my parents side, my family is good at putting on a 'happy/loving family' mask.
do you document the abuse

HSC
begin documenting it then
keep a journal of it

show it to your rellos and encourage them to let you move in

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
You should contact Life Line (13 11 14) and get some professional advice. I'm sure there would be some services that you could access to help you get out of that environment. As your home situation is intollerable and causing emotional/physical harm you should definitely qualify for youth allowance.

SpaceHitler

HSC
oh ok it would've been helpful if riproot jsut said that in the first place thankyou for clearing that up

izzy90

HSC
N/A
you could always kill them and tell the police that it was some puerto rican guy and inherit all their belongings and live happily ever after
ahahah LOL, it does cross my mind sometimes when they piss me off, but i wont be able to do so .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)