makeup for formal? (1 Viewer)

waterlml

HSC
just curious, do people usually pay for someone else to do their makeup for formal or they choose to do makeup themselves?
if not, where/which shop would you plan to do your makeup?
i'm planning to do it myself but worry that i'm not that good. still a makeup newbie but i really want to do it myself, you know that the feeling of achievement lol

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey gorgeous!

I had my formal on the 18th Sept (I know way too early, and it was so action packed omg) and about 93% of the girls paid to do their makeup. If you live in Liverpool I have some awesome makeup professionals that my friends went to (gorgeous, they looked stunning) you could go to. It ranges from $50-90, and trials costed $20-40 - which I recommend you do. You can also book an appointment with Mac at parra as well. If you are going to do it yourself, make sure you do a number of trials. Also, expose yourself to sunlight, the shade, different lighting to see if your makeup can adapt to that.

Have a lovely night, and PM me if you need further help!

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
I originally booked a makeup artist to do mine cos I suck shit at makeup but I cancelled her (she costed like $100) and now my cousin is doing it for me instead :) a lot of my friends are getting theirs done by relatives, friends etc mostly cos they splashed out a lot of money on dresses already. but I also heard Mac was good too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)