Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Living Out of Home: Our Stories

a bedroom philosopher Blue Suede's Avatar
    HSC

Re: Living Out of Home: Our Stories

Quote Originally Posted by hup View Post
    damn, what suburb is this and how much is the rent?
    It's in the Forest Lodge/Glebe area. I don't talk about my individual rent, but the whole place (4 bedrooms with 2 of them having this view) is about $900/week.

No one is going to give you the education you need to overthrow them.

a bedroom philosopher Blue Suede's Avatar
    HSC

In new sharehouse stories, I was eating breakfast yesterday morning, and mildly annoyed someone was in the bathroom because I needed to get to work and usually everyone has left by the time I'm ready to brush my teeth and bail. Eventually a random dude comes out and we do the 'Hi'/'Hey' routine until he leaves and comes back again and is all 'IM SORRY IM NOT WEARING PANTS. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE HERE'.

Hadn't even noticed til then haha

No one is going to give you the education you need to overthrow them.

Banned
    HSC

my housemate (who owned the house) had two cats who lived inside. She would rarely clean the litter and the whole house stank. Also would put the cat poo into the kitchen bin and never clean the litter off the floor let alone mop where poo/litter had been. She would get angry about the house being dirty though out of the three of us did the least cleaning. She hadn't even used the vaccuum cleaner until 4 months after I started living there. Also would make noise late at night on weeknights and act like it was unreasonable for me to want to get to sleep before midnight (especially when her or my other housemate would wake me up at 6 every morning).

Ive moved out and havent found a new place yet, but next place I'm not going to live somewhere with cats and probably try and avoid living with women if possible. Which is not to say all or even most women are bad to live with but all my bad experiences so far have been with women
    Ethicks and Ellztrap like this.

HSC

I've got a heap.. where do I begin...

When I was in Newcastle I was sharing with 5 people and naturally the owner wanted to maximise rent so would reserve one room as a 'couple' room so that 5 people soon became 7 with 2 bathrooms (1 up stairs and 1 downstairs). In one room there was a Chinese couple who were essentially fresh off the boat, the woman would cook at least 3-4 times a day at weird times like 2pm, 3pm, 4pm etc and being Chinese they never cleaned up after themselves. At night time you could hear them having sex because lucky me was in the room below them so all you could hear was the bed going and her making erotic noises. After a few months they moved out and a Korean couple moved it.. the guy looked about 40 whilst she looked about 25, she would leave at early hours of the morning/night wearing hardly anything but a little td;rl she was a prostitute. In between all this the kitchen and bathroom was filthy I would clean it but the next day it was a mess again there were several rice cookers on the bench top with rice on the floor and in the sink.

After a year I left Newcastle and moved to Sydney into another share house which had more Asians and more mess. Some of them were obsessed with freezing everything from cereal to glass beer bottles (What happens when you freeze a FULL glass bottle?) From my experience Chinese people are VERY dirty and I would personally never share with any again. Now I live with some friends I used to work with in my town, after two years of HELL I've found a home away from home. There is the chance I will have to move into another share house mid next year but from my past experiences I might just have to spend my last semester of uni on campus i'm not putting up with that again.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by Ethicks View Post
    I've got a heap.. where do I begin...

When I was in Newcastle I was sharing with 5 people and naturally the owner wanted to maximise rent so would reserve one room as a 'couple' room so that 5 people soon became 7 with 2 bathrooms (1 up stairs and 1 downstairs). In one room there was a Chinese couple who were essentially fresh off the boat, the woman would cook at least 3-4 times a day at weird times like 2pm, 3pm, 4pm etc and being Chinese they never cleaned up after themselves. At night time you could hear them having sex because lucky me was in the room below them so all you could hear was the bed going and her making erotic noises. After a few months they moved out and a Korean couple moved it.. the guy looked about 40 whilst she looked about 25, she would leave at early hours of the morning/night wearing hardly anything but a little td;rl she was a prostitute. In between all this the kitchen and bathroom was filthy I would clean it but the next day it was a mess again there were several rice cookers on the bench top with rice on the floor and in the sink.

After a year I left Newcastle and moved to Sydney into another share house which had more Asians and more mess. Some of them were obsessed with freezing everything from cereal to glass beer bottles (What happens when you freeze a FULL glass bottle?) From my experience Chinese people are VERY dirty and I would personally never share with any again. Now I live with some friends I used to work with in my town, after two years of HELL I've found a home away from home. There is the chance I will have to move into another share house mid next year but from my past experiences I might just have to spend my last semester of uni on campus i'm not putting up with that again.
    u must had shit luck with chinese normally they clean their shit asap - not sure on guys tho

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdude View Post
    other bos-ers have a penis pic sharing club and i'm debating whether i want in on it or not

~just so i belong~
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdude View Post
    who cares about your timetable - you should be going into uni every day to study and do whatever regardless

HSC

Heaps and heaps of fking mess. It's actually disgusting. I get what you're feeling ^^
    2015 HSC: English Adv, Mathematics, Business Studies, Biology, Multimedia.

HSC Biology Flashcards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information