Living Out of Home: Our Stories (1 Viewer)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Hey all,

While it's fairly normal in Australia for people to remain living in the family home while attending university, a bunch of people also live out of home, whether they be sharehouses, colleges, on their own, etc.

As someone who has been living in a sharehouse for the last 6 months, I think we should share some of our stories. Do you have crazy housemates? Are they the best people ever? Do you have a random cat that keeps sneaking into your house? How did you go with learning to cook for yourself or is it just a takeout party all the time?

enoilgam

HSC
Living on College is halfway out of home for most people I reckon - you get all the perks of independence without a lot of the responsibility.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC

This little guy is called The Trash (coz we're always taking out 'the trash' haha). Our entire block is supposed to be a pet-free zone, but a girlfriend of the frenchies next door brought him down from the country and now he keeps sneaking in through out bathroom. I'm allergic to cats, so can't actually pick him up, but usually end up grabbing some cardboard and ushing him out. This afternoon I found him curled up on our couch, and when I said 'Hey buddy, time to go', he just stretched and rolled over. He's basically a teenager.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
In new sharehouse stories, we currently have 7 people living at my place. And 1 bathroom.

Ummmm

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
found on our roof (ewwwww) I now owe housemate dinner for getting rid of it

emilios

HSC
Ill be living in a sharehouse this year so hopefully ill have some stories...

Actually hopefully not

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
our front door lock is broken and we can't wedge anything in the space properly to block it so were you to walk along this main street and happen to test our door, you've got full access to it!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
The cat mentioned above joined me in the shower last week. I feel we need to have a discussion about boundaries.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
oh yeah, and someone has been eating my nutella which is weird because I actually bothered putting my name on it because I usually just eat it straight out of the container. *shrugs*

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
two of my house mates are away over the easter period. the two of us left work together so we're having a bit of a bash at ours. the fridge is currently half full of beer/cider in preparation. yay

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I realised that some of you might think (and not unfairly) that I live in a disaster of a house, so here are some pics of our gorgeous little place.

From drinks the other night:

My room:

And outside that window is this view:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
In cat-related updates, he also likes sitting on our clean laundry.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
That cat spends more time at your place than the owner's by the looks of it haha.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
never lived by myself.. hell never went camping as well..

but I am pretty excitied when I hopefully go for that exchange which I am saving for

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
That cat spends more time at your place than the owner's by the looks of it haha.
The owners live next door, and the ladies down the back feed him tuna, so of course he's going to hang around :(

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
The owners live next door, and the ladies down the back feed him tuna, so of course he's going to hang around :(
You could leave toy rats in everyone else's homes so it is inclined to stay at their places haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)