bored (1 Viewer)

h_g

HSC
N/A
it seems that all i do is eat go to school study and sleep and this is really make me bored out of my mind, can anyone suggest what i do?

CaptainPrice

HSC
ofstudies

Try to mix up your schedule with a bit of gaming, sport or hobbies?

Try making plans with friends to go out weekly or so?

h_g

HSC
N/A
hey thanks, but the thing is i'm constanlty trying to keep up with revising and studying for upcoming exams. My parents are also overseas for two weeks so i'm basically home alone and bored and really can't be bothered to do anything, i go to a fairly top ranking school so my friends are all also studying all the time and they don't really live close to me anyway and i really don't find any entertainment in video games anymore. I'll try going for a daily jog and see if it works out.

Reactions: x1

CaptainPrice

HSC
hey thanks, but the thing is i'm constanlty trying to keep up with revising and studying for upcoming exams. My parents are also overseas for two weeks so i'm basically home alone and bored and really can't be bothered to do anything, i go to a fairly top ranking school so my friends are all also studying all the time and they don't really live close to me anyway and i really don't find any entertainment in video games anymore. I'll try going for a daily jog and see if it works out.
A daily jog with music sounds great, but honestly it's also really great if you're studying that consistently.

However, your thread leads me to believe this could be the early stages of a burn out? Hence it's best to develop your time management, study with focus and make time here and there for fun stuff :)

HSC
Since study is unavoidable there are ways to make it less boring:
-listening to music (whether in earphones or out loud)
-watch related videos to learn the content (visually and aurally learn)
-take a regular breaks: so in between do some stretches/ exercise, eat, rest
-have some hobbies/ reward yourself so you can relax. Some may include: drawing, painting, cooking, tv shows, youtube, reading

there's so much you can do!

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Spend less time watching tv, movies and playing video games and browsing the internet.

go to the gym 4-5 days a week.

Sleep more.

Eat better. Cut down on sugar, pasta and rice; load up on meat, eggs vegetables and eat fruit when you want something sweet.

Try intermittent fasting. Try going until midday before eating anything except water/sugarless black tea or coffee. Once you get used to this, try going one day a week where you don't eat until the evening.

Read at least one book a fortnight, check out book mentioned here (click on the headings 'More Book reviews X' to see the actual posts) for some interesting stuff. Non-fiction>>>>>fiction

Take up a martial art and take it seriously; I recommend muay thai, or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu if you're not into hitting/being hit.

Cut down on the caffeine

Learn to meditate, it has enormous benefits for your brain and state of mind

Masturbate no more than twice a week. Sounds dumb or even counter-intuitive in terms of 'fun' but if you do it to often the hormonal effect is such that you get less enjoyment from other things. Its sort of like being hungover all the time without realising it (if you're the sort of person who does it daily).

Basically, entertainment is not the cure for chronic boredom, and indeed our constant exposure to it actually helps fuel boredom. You'll notice that most of these things don't sound super "fun" in the boredom-curing sense, but the key is to improve your physical and mental health and stop experiencing 'high reward' activities (i.e. instant gratification) and move to more 'low reward' activities. This stops your brain from expecting constant stimulation and so it can get more enjoyment out of simple non-highly stimulating things. Going to the gym for instance is not most people's idea of fun, but putting in hard work day in day out and gradually seeing results (getting bigger and stronger) is a much healthier and long-term way of being happy and contented. You certainly don't have to do all of those things (not masturbating as much, sleeping more and spending less time on on computer/tv are vital though), but give them a try.

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
it seems that all i do is eat go to school study and sleep and this is really make me bored out of my mind, can anyone suggest what i do?
structuring your sentence and proof reading might be able to help you out...

Find a hobby, play a sport, pick up playing a musical instrument, get away for a bit (go somewhere, or do something)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)