I want to kill a cat that keeps on stealing my cat's food. (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
I leave my cat food in a bowl outside next the window, but there is this cat that keeps on jump into my backyard and steal my cat's food.

I am not sure if it's a stray, feral or outdoor cat with an owner, but it does not have any collar, and from the looks of it, it is a feral/stray cat because it's ugly and dirty and we have lots of feral cats in our area.

That cat is so bold too, it just eat the cat food even when I'm tapping on the window from the inside, and it makes lots noise jumping on and off my windows platform, which is annoying at night time and wakes my cat and I up.

Also this cat probably has all kinds of disease and parasite that might pass onto my kitten.

So this afternoon I decided to ambush that cat while it was stealing my cat's food. I rush out and chase it around the backyard, guess it got nervous and failed to jump over the fence a few times. I could have grabbed a broom and just bash it, but I don't know if that's legal, I think it is legal since feral cat is a declared a pest in NSW and killing it on one's own property is permitted without a hunter's license.

Are there any other options I can explore, maybe trapping it and give it to the council, who probably will put it down it anyway.

The thief.

Last edited:

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Well that link you provided says...

If the cat is a feral cat, and it's trespassing and stealing my property, it is therefore a pest. Then I should be legally allowed to kill it.

Just like no police would ever charge anyone with animal cruelty for killing rodents with mouse traps, let alone "paying 22000 and 5 years imprisonment".

If the cat is an outdoor cat, then their owner should reimburse me for the food and other damages.

ps. Even if I do want on catch it and bring it to rspca, how do I even do that? Will rspca lend me a cat trap or something? Not going to catch it with my hands that's for sure.

Last edited:

wagig

HSC
1. Purchase magnetic liquid that is feline-safe
2. Put in food and make sure cat eats it all
3. Set up powerful magnetic field around your property
4. Cat will not be able to penetrate your domain

P.s. make sure the polarity is the same as the feline-safe magnetic liquid otherwise the cat will permanently remain in your residence

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
You can try this trick if you want. Go buy some bottles of soft drink that is going to expire soon. Place them around your garden or where that cat usually come. It won't come to your garden again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)