Fountain pens (1 Viewer)

jasperjb

HSC
Anybody use them?
They make taking notes so much more enjoyable, and you reduce wrist strain during long writing periods.
I waste all my money on them :)

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
Hell yeah, but unfortuantely Aussies are too bogans to use them. Most young stralians don't have any penmenship. They just use cheap ball pen and write no cursively.

Personally I use King of Pens by Sailor as my daily driver.

jasperjb

HSC
Hell yeah, but unfortuantely Aussies are too bogans to use them. Most young stralians don't have any penmenship. They just use cheap ball pen and write no cursively.

Personally I use King of Pens by Sailor as my daily driver.
I've seen some nice cursive come out of ballpoints... but why... a good fp can be had for 20 bucks and last years.

How do you like your Sailor? I'll have to get one eventually :p

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
I've seen some nice cursive come out of ballpoints... but why... a good fp can be had for 20 bucks and last years.

How do you like your Sailor? I'll have to get one eventually :p
I don't really like it. The converter ink system really just killed for me. I only use it has a dip pen because it holds so little ink and I have to carry around a bottle of ink with me all the time.

I wish I bought the MontBlanc 149 instead or some other pens with more flex and a piston system.

jasperjb

HSC
My handwriting sucks, but I can still show you if you're interested.
I can do some decent calligraphy, wanna see that too?

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
Sure, I use calligraphic to pick up the hottest nerd chicks, then I write on them with my biological ink.

jasperjb

HSC
I don't really like it. The converter ink system really just killed for me. I only use it has a dip pen because it holds so little ink and I have to carry around a bottle of ink with me all the time.

I wish I bought the MontBlanc 149 instead or some other pens with more flex and a piston system.
Do you have a really broad nib or something? It shouldn't use /that/ much ink! Are you filling the converter all the way?

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Used to use a Lamy Safari, recently started using a Pilot Kakuno, and have a couple of Parkers on the side. I don't use them for exams or exam practice though because I find my legibility and speed a lot better with a Pilot G2 1.0. Anyone use any interesting inks?

jasperjb

HSC
Used to use a Lamy Safari, recently started using a Pilot Kakuno, and have a couple of Parkers on the side. I don't use them for exams or exam practice though because I find my legibility and speed a lot better with a Pilot G2 1.0. Anyone use any interesting inks?
Yeah I use Diamine Oxblood and have fun with mixing up some dark greens from a light green and black ink I have. That's about it. Akkerman #5 blue is a really nice ink too, cool bottle. I want to get my hands on some MontBlanc Toffee.

Might have to try out some gel pens for HSC papers.. i feel like my fountain pens may not be compatible with the paper :/

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
Where are there so many disconnections in your handwriting? And your "r" "s" and "z" is not cursive.

jasperjb

HSC
Where are there so many disconnections in your handwriting? And your "r" "s" and "z" is not cursive.
Yeah I know, it's not cursive. It's just rushed note taking... like I said "My handwriting sucks".

Also I'm highly considering a nakaya for my birthday.
Either that or a custom edison + pelikan 400nn + franklin christoph. Not sure which way to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)