Volunteer opportunities for teenagers? (1 Viewer)

oliverc_

HSC
Does anyone know where I can do some volunteer work? It's kinda hard seeing most places need you to be 18+ and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience or suggestions because I'm sick of working for cheap money grabbing companies which pay me slave labour wages when I may as well just be doing something positive for the community.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Salvation Army/Vinnies. Always accepting people.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
St Johns Ambulance, Rural Fire Service (RFS)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What are your interests-try to find volunteer work that suits your interests, you can always approach some community organisations to see whether they need your help (I recommend you to get a working with children's check for free first so it broadens the people you can work with), another idea is to approach the local library?

oliverc_

HSC
What are your interests-try to find volunteer work that suits your interests, you can always approach some community organisations to see whether they need your help (I recommend you to get a working with children's check for free first so it broadens the people you can work with), another idea is to approach the local library?
Everywhere I've enquired says I need to be over 18 or 16 in a school group that has links to the charity. I don't even care if its not an area I'm 100% interested in its just extremely difficult to find a place that will take on someone under 18.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Are we talking one off or regular volunteering?

I used to do things like Red Shield appeal back in the day.

I'm not sure if you can still do this but there's always stuff like clean up australia day, helping out with marathons/sporting events, visiting nursing homes, etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)