Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By si2136

Thread: High School Friends

Cadet
    HSC

High School Friends

Hi everyone!

Honest opinions... do friendships from high school last in the long run? Or after HSC does everyone just go off to uni, join the workforce, and meet completely different people / form new friends? Looking forward to hearing others experiences

HSC
    N/A

Re: High School Friends

uni is shit for making friends

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by studygirl118 View Post
    Hi everyone!

Honest opinions... do friendships from high school last in the long run? Or after HSC does everyone just go off to uni, join the workforce, and meet completely different people / form new friends? Looking forward to hearing others experiences
    basically friendships only last if both parties put effort to preserve it, that being said the uni period is most volatile in losing high school friends but also the easiest to gain new ones

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdude View Post
    other bos-ers have a penis pic sharing club and i'm debating whether i want in on it or not

~just so i belong~
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdude View Post
    who cares about your timetable - you should be going into uni every day to study and do whatever regardless

HSC

better than most people think

the relationships you make in high school and university have a better chance of being meaningful and sustained over those made in any following period

every following year it becomes increasingly hard to make friends due to the priorities people alot their time, social identity barriers developed within pre-existing relationships and the reduced need for friendships resulting from family formation

read: dont screw up the relationships you make during HS or university bc you might greatly regret it later
    Last edited by cosmo 2; 5 Oct 2017 at 12:38 AM.

I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    HSC
    N/A

Only have high school friends after finishing uni

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by cosmo 2 View Post
    read: dont screw up the relationships you make during HS or university bc you might greatly regret it later
    This is true. I have friends from way back to primary school that I regret breaking apart from. They were all going to this one school, but I decided to go to a selective because I "got in" and thought I was better than them all, and could make better friends at a selective. Well a few years later, I found myself missing my old primary friends + the boyfriend I had, because selective school ppl can be nasty and there wasn't a strong enough connection compared to those I made in primary
    English Advanced | English Extension 1 | English Extension 2 | Music 2 | Music Extension | Modern History | Ancient History

ATAR Aim: 98.50

Dream Degree: Law/Arts

Cadet
    HSC

And why is that? That's not what most people say

Executive Member
    HSC

It's all about commitment. It lasts if you both make it last. You can always find new friends, but like everyone said, it's harder to make friends due to priorities and resistance. Nevertheless, keep people that matter to you. Don't regret

And don't worry too much you're still in yr 11/12
    studygirl118 likes this.

HSC

you can for sure make friends in uni but my closest and i find most peoples, is their high school ones or people they knew from their time in high school.

its harder here to make friends but especially a circle or w/e at uni. the reason is because most people just carry over from high school as most people arent living on campus or moving states/far away

Thread Information