Snooker / Pool? (1 Viewer)

SkAnDi

HSC
Anyone here play?

Fancy a game?

I play mainly 8 ball, wouldn't mind getting into 9 ball. Snooker well only been playing it lately because it's free and i'm running out of money.

Snooker is more tactical and competitive, 8 ball is more fun and much much quicker!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Just wondering, is the felt on snooker tables different to pool tables? Ignoring the fact that most pool tables are pretty wrecked :p

bex

HSC
i love playing pool! especially when i get to break :D

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
The first time i played snooker i hated it, the only reason i kept playing it was because it's free, as skandi said. But now i like playing it, but i still prefer pool. A mate of mine has a full size snooker table...christ it takes up some room

bex

HSC
how come snooker is free but pool isnt?

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Id say its because in snooker you have to put some balls that you sink back on the table, making it a little hard to charge for the game

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I'd love a game. :) Though I don't play often and is by no means skilled.
I only manage (and then rarely) streaks of flukes where up to 6 goes down in turn and then nothing for the game.

The 8-ball is big/small ones right? Played that most.

SkAnDi

HSC
Originally posted by bex
how come snooker is free but pool isnt?
Yeah what Lazy said, but it's free for me because we play at the local RSL and if you're a member you can use their tables for free :)

If not, we just pay by the hour for a table and play whichever game!

Psh, Blackjack mr pot 6 balls and still not skilled :p We should get together for a game!

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I must protest. :p

Did that once on studycamp with a tiny table. We really hogged the table then so freak incidents were bound to happen. We were playing kelly pool too, maximising the options. :p

[I'll show you another skill I managed to pick up at studycamp when we play. :D It's called suicide manouvers, where I inadvertently sink the white or my own ball (kelly) at some critical point of the game, thus losing.]

bex

HSC
Id say its because in snooker you have to put some balls that you sink back on the table, making it a little hard to charge for the game
:eek: i never knew! actually maybe cause ive never played snooker b4...

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i played pool sometimes.. but i not very good at it. ..the ball keeps bouncing =/

GJ_JOE

blood brother
i love snooker.....it would be more fun if i didn't have to sneak into a over18s club to play and the room wasn't full of cigarette smoke though

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I have played pool once and I totally sucked! I sometimes had to take 3 attempts before I finally got the cue to even connect with the ball-let alone actually take a good shot. 4 of us were playig doubles, 3 of us hadn't played before, and one of us had played several times, but was still fairly mediocre...we played for like 2 and a half hours and only managed to sink 4 balls. :D

Vagrant

Well, I played like 50 times and i STILL goddamn suck.

I think the game is rigged.

i mean WHAT THE GAY is with SNOOKER???

The table is bigger then my HOUSE.

I cant even SEE the holes im supposed to aim for!?

ITS CRAZEY????

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
haha yeah
snooker is crazy, i just cant AIM for those long distance shots
pool is more user friendly imo (for amateurs like myself)

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
You should probably play with a smaller table some of the time, and examine how you're shooting. :p It's bloody hard I agree to sink balls on the full-sized snooker table if you're not consistent.

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by BlackJack
You should probably play with a smaller table some of the time, and examine how you're shooting. :p It's bloody hard I agree to sink balls on the full-sized snooker table if you're not consistent.
hehehe
maybe me and my friends should try that cuz sometimes it takes us more than 45mins to finish a game and by then we usually get kicked off the table

SkAnDi

HSC
OMG! i love 9 ball.

Me and my mate played for 3 hrs straight, finished off 30 games. It's SOOOO much better than 8 ball i reckon.

It's tactical and strategic like snooker, but also easy to pot like in 8 ball.

Much, much MUCH BETTER!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)