Nba Playoffs 2003! (1 Viewer)

big_will08

hmmm this thread is for those who follow the NBA and the playoffs! im sure im not the only one who watches the nba here...

GO MARBURY AND THE SUNS!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm playoffs, it's a toss up between dallas and the lakers. but with the lakers, if kobe's game is off then its all over. the eastern conference is not as strong as usual, with only orlando , philadelphia and perhaps new jersey as contenders. the suns have a pretty good team , amare stoudamire , shawn marion, marbury, penny...they might have a chance but i doubt it!

big_will08

dallas?! nahhh i reckon the other teams are better than dallas! kings beat them like 3-1 in the regular season, lakers beat them from 27pt deficit in fourth quarter...i dont know..i dont have faith in dallas

orlando wont make it all the way...i seriously dont think tmac can carry the WHOLE team by himself...he needs grant hill! but drew gooden is pretty good

i dont like new jersey...their game play is soooo damn boring! i want an interesting finals this year, not a 4 game sweep again!

indiana has a really good chance i reckon..id like to see another reggie miller highlight!

the suns...stephon is the MAN! hehe
that team has soo much talent its not funny! amare stoudamire needs to work on his jump shot tho..coz he shoots pretty awful! but he has that athleticism which really works with the suns game play, open court offense!
i dont think the suns can go wrong with stephon marbury running the point and matrix and mare to back him up!

how about the twolves? KG is playing like a man possessed! lakers are going to be hard to get passed tho!
sorry to say but i am a die-hard lakerhater! lol

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
hmm i used to like nba but im not really into it anymore...

they only show games on espn, but i only get it free for the next 2 days, so i cant watch it

i saw the suns game b4 last, it was heaps exciting cos they won by one point by stephons buzzer beating 3 pointer :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm the wolves, kg is definately been consistant all season. he's averaged nearly a double/double per game. they could be a surprise. i hate the lakers too but they have the playoff experience in hand. Dallas has some hot shot players too, nash, finley and of course nowitzki that animal. 7 footer who can shoot the three, pull a jumper or take it inside and dunk over anyone.

what you guys think about next seasons rookie draft. theres really only 3 guys in it, lebron james who will be #1 draft pick for sure even if he plays shit for the rest of the season, carmello anthony who i think is better than lebron and a kid from europe who's a bit like dirk nowitzki. i seriously hope lebron bombs in his first season, takes these kids atleast 2 or 3 years before they can establish themselves in the nba. look at kobe and tmac, took them a while..even jordan.

big_will08

lebron has too much hype i reckon! he will be drafted by the cavs for SURE
lol
the cavs seriously need some help!

ummm, carmello is soooo good! i sure hope the knicks get him!

yeah ive heard a lot of good stuff about that european dude (milicic or something)! and he is only 17! he wont be 18 before the draft deadline but he will be when draft day comes!

its pretty safe to say lebron 1st, european dude 2nd and carmello 3rd! its like the best draft for a long long time

you wanna use someone else as an example of "bombing out"? take a look at kwame brown ffs! that dude is sooo useless! i reckon hed be shit in the NBDL!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol yeah he's pretty dodgy so far but you never know, if he gets more starts he might be good. he has decent stats when he comes off the bench. wizards need to do some serious buys in the offseason now that jordan is gone. how could a 40 yr old carry the entire team?

what happened to penny hardaway anyway, he use to be so good. did he get injured? he's still only in his early 30's i think. guys like payton and kidd are playing their best in that age group.

big_will08

only? in basketball terms thats the twilight years of a point guard
he is like shaq...ill give them 2-4 more years and they will retire! i dont see shaq staying in the League for too long!
id be really interseting how the lakers will go without shaq...
i like kobe but i really wanna see him get out of LA!

hmmm..penny got injured...but he isnt the one i think about
what happened to ZO and GRANT HILL!!! they fucking died or something...i wonder how the heat will EVER get back to the good old days! seemed only yesterday they were in the playoffs!

i have a feeling NYKNICKS will be a contender next season, given that DICE will be healthy again! and with the possibility of drafting Carmello or Lebron...that would be a really good team
just think about it: DICE, Lebron/Mello, Spree and houston....not thats a strong lineup
after that they need to get rid of charlie ward and get a good point guard...possibily rafer alston from the raptors?(they play him like 5 mintes/game!!)

Another guy to watch out for in the draft is TJFORD! he might be small but that guy packs a punch! i have a feeling he can be the next "tim hardaway" type of player...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
penny's bombed...never looked the same since moving away from Orlando

I think Kings are strong enough to win, they've looked good all year wen at full strength. Dallas are talented, but lack the playoff experience, Lakers...hmm, not this time, but watch out for Spurs..

I dont even care about the East...!

big_will08

penny not the same since orlando? you mean Orlando has never been the same since the Shaq trade!! i wonder what was going through their minds when they traded him away!

*shakes his head*

i dont think Dallas will go far! throughout the regular season they struggled against the top teams! yes they have a lot of talent but i dont think they can handle teams like LA or SPURS

im still going for the suns to win the first series...steph is my favourite player and i gotta stick with him! and those bank shots in game 1 was no fluke! flukes dont happen twice!! (amare and steph)

penny still plays a vital role for the suns no matter how crap he has gone since the orlando days...having penny as a "3rd option" is a luxury to the suns!

the one thing im looking forward to next season is the dunk competition during all star break! Will lebron participate? i saw the mcdonalds dunk comp on ESPN and OMG he can jump!
NO JOKE, lebron had his CHIN above the rim...

that TJ Giddens had some really nifty dunks too!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
zo had some kind of life threating disease, something to do with his kidneys i think. and grant hill has constantly been plagued with some sort of injury, i think to his knee. he said himself he wouldnt be the same player again even after recovering.

dallas were on fire at the start of the season, and then they did enough to get in the play offs. who knows, it'll be an interesting play offs.

haha if lebron participates boy will the ratings go up. this kid has so much hype i wouldnt be surprised if he chokes. ive got clips of him playing for his high school team, theres no doubt he has talent and he can dunk and jump like an nba'er. tj giddens is good too.

big_will08

have any of you guys seen the EBC DVD of season 2?! where kobe turns up!?
man, after watching that...i have respect for kobe! he totally ripped rucker park! hehe
his nickname ther was pretty lame tho..."lord of the rings"?! i mean i get it but damn its lame!
i reckon "kobe" is good enough and he should be satisfied with it
hehe imagine being named after a japanese steak!

hmmm i thought the dvd was short but i reckon the quality of the players and the plays were 100 times better than the and1 mixtapes...

wow

Originally posted by MinAi
penny's bombed...never looked the same since moving away from Orlando

I think Kings are strong enough to win, they've looked good all year wen at full strength. Dallas are talented, but lack the playoff experience, Lakers...hmm, not this time, but watch out for Spurs..

I dont even care about the East...!
Wow this is amazing, after all theses years of searching i have finally found NBA fans, but the irony is that I ve lost a Big interest in the NBA, DAMN, AND BTW, MINAI, penny bombed due to not being able to recover fully due to his injury and the increased competitive ness of new and much better younger players, i.e. Tracey Mcgrady and also Shaq could not refuse the multi million dollar offer by LA and a chance to play in a team renowned for having soome of the greatest the NBA has ever seen, JAmes Worthy, MAGIC etc. Its just so sad how detached I ve become from the NBA , I USE TO KNOW THE STATS FOR PETES SAKE.

big_will08

what did i tell you?! suns tie the series against spurs 2-2
hehe
and this time starbury didnt have to do the work! PENNY DID!
hehe

hmmm...i really really hope the lakers lose to the twolves, i am a diehard laker hater
hehe

sixers are looking really good...iverson needs to improve his shooting (as usual)

hmmm, looks like the celtics are gonna upset the pacers this series...reggie looks dead on the court! oh wells

hmmm, well that was my NBA update!
till next time...

big_will08

ohhh im so excited!!

today they named kobe bryant, allen iverson and jermaine oneal to the USA basketball team!!

just imagine; tracy mcgrady, kobe bryant, allen iverson and tim duncan playing side-by-side....its the closest thing i've ever seen to the 1992 Dream team

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
this side looks promising so far.
ray allen - g
kobe bryant - g
tracy mcgrady - g
jermaine oneal - F/C
tim duncan - F/C
jason kidd - g
karl malone F
allen iverson - g
mike bibby- g

throw in garnett for the small forward position and the side is set.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's amazing how recently, USA basketball never includes a dedicated Center in the team...Duncan and J.O'Neal are jus suped up power forwards

big_will08

yeah neither one of them can really play with their backs to the rim...they really like to play facing the basket, especially duncan coz he shoots off the glass all the time!

yeah
id really like to see vince carter in the mix as well...now thatd be a really entertaining team! not that it isnt already ;)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
meh carter would just be exactly that, entertainment value. he hasnt played all that well this season, i'd rather see marbury or shawn marion take his spot. but they do need a genuine centre, if not shaq then they might as well throw in ben wallace who gets like a million rebounds per game.

big_will08

yeah...if dennis rodman had an afro..i swear ben wallace is him!!
lol

hmmm i like steph but if he plays...he'll be behind iverson and maybe bibby...too many point guards there!!

yeah a center...i reckon shaq will take away some "entertainment value" tho...he just bullies his way to the ring

the only bad thing about the US team is Karl Malone; This guy is gonna leave Utah at the end of this season. Why put a 40+yo to play for your country?

Garnett...hmmm, i saw the lithuania vs US game at the sydney olympics and i swear garnett trash talks sooooo much!! ive never heard such language before in my life!!! MY VIRGIN EARS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)