Soccer! omg Madrid lost... (1 Viewer)

swisstruffles

HSC
Yup, thats right Juve actually beat the hottest team in the world Real Madrid 3-1 in the second leg of the Champions League to go to the final against Milan...i was devastated when i heard...the splendid Raul is back, and what do they get??

and possibly no La Liga trophy as well!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I was up at 6:30 AM and I was a little shocked that Real only managed ONE goal ... and that was by Zidane in the 89th minute!

Real chucked an Arsenal and is startin' to crash ... thinks of Arsenal and Valencia ... and then Arsenal's fall to SECOND in the EPL!

But Raul wasn't even given chances ... and the few Ronaldo were given were very difficult!

Anyone think Juventus can pull of the CL?! I do!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Figo missed a penalty :rofl: :rofl: now Real's gonna lose the liga as well hahahahaha... now all that's left is arsenal to choke in the FA cup final and then the world will be a better place...:D :D

anyways... milan wont beat juve on their current form but i think they can turn that around especially noe nedved cant play, though knowing its an all italian final, it'll probably be 0-0 after extratime and go on to penalties....

professor

as for final, Juventus will win it...AC Milan's form isn't all that flashy atm while Juventus can really hit top form whenever they want to...the mid field battle will be important and in this area, Juventus has the upper hand...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
Figo missed a penalty :rofl: :rofl: now Real's gonna lose the liga as well hahahahaha... now all that's left is arsenal to choke in the FA cup final and then the world will be a better place...:D :D
Figo's miss <--- A highlight ...
I mean if he managed to convert ... Real would've been through ... :D

As much as I want to see Arsenal lose the FA cup ...
Southampton?! They were crushed like 6-1 a few weeks ago by Arsenal ... But who knows ... :p

professor

Originally posted by flyin'

Figo's miss <--- A highlight ...
I mean if he managed to convert ... Real would've been through ... :D
Figo missed a few penalties in his career and also missed one this season....his technique of taking penalties shits me a bit coz he tricks the gk first by making false moves to see which way the gk is going....then he taps the opposite direction...

but when u look at Del Peiro and Beckham, those guys boot the ball at top corners and gk have no chances...now thats a good penalty taking technique

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by professor
Figo missed a few penalties in his career and also missed one this season....his technique of taking penalties shits me a bit coz he tricks the gk first by making false moves to see which way the gk is going....then he taps the opposite direction...

but when u look at Del Peiro and Beckham, those guys boot the ball at top corners and gk have no chances...now thats a good penalty taking technique
So my question is this - Couldn't someone else take the penalty instead of Figo?!

Btw I prefer Ruud's penalties because even if the GK knows which direction, they rarely make it!

professor

Hmm, taking penalties requires a lot of nerves and this comes from experience...i mean, Figo been taking penalties since he started playing professional so i doubt ppl would want to take his spot...Ronaldo probably can, Zidane may also can...but Roberto Carlos, no way...

Ruud takes penalties similiar except that he runs with his head facing the gk to see which direction he is heading to and at the last second slots it in...most ppl do that these days but its risky coz ur concentration span is reduced to a second or so...and that may effectively make u mis-kick the ball

swisstruffles

HSC
For sure though, taking penalties is an art- u have a split second to decide where ur gonna slot the ball in, and there r so many methods of doing it.
ive heard of the one where u decide b4 hand where ur gonna kick it, so ur already in a firm state of mind, instead of wishy washing...but that would be hard cos u'd mayb have to look at that spot, and the goalie would go, 'oHHH!'

i wonder where David James will go now..the goalie of England cannot come from a 1st division team...

N

ND

Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
though knowing its an all italian final, it'll probably be 0-0 after extratime and go on to penalties....
:rolleyes:
Maybe if it was Inter vs Roma. Juve and Milan are by far Italy's most exicitng football teams. This is exactly what i was hoping for at the start of the season, Juve vs another Italian team in the final. Juve is the best team in the world atm, having won the scudetto and beating teams of high caliber as they have. They'll beat Milan even without Nedved. Forza Juve!

professor

its possible ot have a gk from 1st divison, the new england squad got this guy from Leichester replacing Seaman

as for the deciding which side to take for penalties b4 hand, thats a bit hard for professional these days coz if u sense the gk is swaying his body towards the side ur kicking, u'll screw up the kick big time...but then again, as u have said, penalty taking is an art

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
its possible ot have a gk from 1st divison, the new england squad got this guy from Leichester replacing Seaman
Seaman still has a couple of years, it's just that he no longer plays friendlies or qualifiers! Atm, James is still England's number two! But as swisstruffles put it, I double Sven would chose someone from the First Division once West Ham start nation-wide football next season!

swisstruffles

HSC
Well u know all those rumour of Arsenal etc thinking of picking up Paul Robinson..admittedly they r not HUGE rumours but they get started someplace! And jus cos Leeds almost got relegated this season doesnt mean its all the goalie's fault lol~ :)

Our Aussie boys really picked their team up when it counted most. ie Viduka especially...i reckon it would have been great if Madrid picked up Beckham; that would be one hell of a club to beat! And if Kewell was to move there...ahh>> the stars are shining brightly in this northern sky..

WE NEED MORE INTERNATIONAL MATCHES b4 2006!!!!!!!

Generator

HSC
N/A
Obviously nothing can beat following a league on the other side of the globe...

swisstruffles

HSC
lol generator...well for a while there Leeds was kinda a home team, what with Viduka, Kewell and Okon on the field when Venables was manager! Neways, the Prem. League and La Liga r more exciting to follow than our lil NSL, the way it is atm. hopefully the board can firstly shape things up soon, so we can have a real comp. producing more big stars.

professor

Originally posted by swisstruffles
Well u know all those rumour of Arsenal etc thinking of picking up Paul Robinson..admittedly they r not HUGE rumours but they get started someplace! And jus cos Leeds almost got relegated this season doesnt mean its all the goalie's fault lol~ :)
they ain't gonna sell Robinson cause he screwed Leeds up last season....in fact, Ronbinson played most consistently along side Kewell this season. Just that Leed's defence is worst than high school football...
Also, not only Arsenal needed Robinson, Manchester United may see the need to replace Barthez

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by swisstruffles
Well u know all those rumour of Arsenal etc thinking of picking up Paul Robinson..admittedly they r not HUGE rumours but they get started someplace!
I heard that Rustu (Turkish Internation GK) was interested in joining Arsenal!

Also, not only Arsenal needed Robinson, Manchester United may see the need to replace Barthez
There have been rumours of Man U attempting to sign an American GK from the States!

professor

i dun really trust Ferguson's ability to buy a decent gk for a low price...i mean, look at Taibai...after Schmeichel left, we were left with him and Bosnich...i mean, Bosich is good, but coz Ferguson insist of playing someone else...he was left on bench and gets rather inconsistent...he only bought Barthez coz he was known as a good gk...i mean, look at Houllier buyinf Dudek and Kerkland...u may say Dudek screws up some game this season, but if he was under Ferguson's training, he will be flying

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
What's with all the Gunner bashing? To set the record straight Arsene is an absolute legend. He has created an "exciting" team from the old "1-0 to the Gunners" side. From a neutral perspective, Arsenal are one of the best teams in regard to entertainment to watch, especially the midfield. If you enjoy football then you will agree that it is great to watch Viera, Gilberto, Wiltord and you've just got to love Parlour. He's a champ! Pires and Ljunberg are just amazing, and even though they haven't had the best seasons this year, with the injuries and all, they have still been able to show some style and flare. Lets just hope that they can continue their good form in to the FA Cup final. And I don't think the 6-1 scoreline is anything to go by, because I have a lot of respect for Gordon Strachan and believe he can pull something of when it counts.

But anyway, onto the topic of conversation....Go Juve you good thing! I'm glad it's a Milan v Juve final. For the past year and a bit it has really shitted me, with everyone saying how the Italians are dead and gone in the football world. So it's good to see the Italians going well. Obvioulsy I would have much rather have preffered Arsenal in the final, but I wont have to wait too long for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)