is smoking weed bad? (1 Viewer)

Habib

HSC
A bunch of my friends do it and they love it, whats so bad about it?
i tried it once and i told another friend and he was like 'oh my god are you serious? youre baaaad....' but i didnt see the big point of it.
although i do feel shit for it, but why? whats this all weed-is-bad stuff?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Habib said:
i tried it once and i told another friend and he was like 'oh my god are you serious? youre baaaad....' but i didnt see the big point of it.
It can cause pyshosis, and Schitzophrenia here i have provided u with some reading material on the subject
It is also a Crime in Australia, so society sees it as a bad thing to do
http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofax/marijuana.html
http://www.nida.nih.gov/MarijBroch/Marijteens.html
http://www.nevdgp.org.au/geninf/std_misc/MarijuanaQuit.html
http://www.druginfo.nsw.gov.au/illicit_drugs/cannabis_(marijuana)
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=36820
http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/hansart.nsf/V3Key/LC19920916007
http://www.aihw.gov.au/publications/health/sdua98/sdua98-c10.pdf
http://www.druginfo.nsw.gov.au/law_&_justice/enforcement/nsw_law_enforcement

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
depends who you are....
as korn said some people get Schitzophrenia like my cousin.
but i think its fine as long as u dont do it all the time.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Habib said:
Try searching through the non-school and news, current affairs and politics forums... I'm sure that the general consensus (forum, scientifically, etc.) is that it is bad, it's just that there are a few points of contention regarding how bad it truly is, decriminalisation vs punitive punishments (slight simplification, but eh), and one concerning use and abuse (this one was rarely addressed, I think).

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
mate, with all that shit going into ur body... of course its bad for you ... how can anyone say its good or have no effects tryin it "once"...

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
yeah but everyone is different, you can smoke it once, and be a skitzo.....u should be careful, n check ur family history n stuff...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
its bad

it doesnt matter how many times you smoked it, its not good for you. very similar to taking poison (no difference actually), so try taking some poison and tell me taking it once does jack-shit!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
it doesnt matter how many times you smoked it, its not good for you. very similar to taking poison (no difference actually), so try taking some poison and tell me taking it once does jack-shit!
how is there no differnece. u take poison once u die or nearly die, u smoke weed once and notihng really happens. ( u cant die from smoking weed) maybe cancer from weed, but u need a life time habit for that

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
theres usually three types of people

people who never tried a drag of weed in thier lives and are all against it and never actually know the true effects .

then there are the stoners, who use weed all the time and live in denile , thinking that nothing is wrong with them. and sitting at home smoking weed all day is natural.

theresd only a fewe people who tried it , had thier opinion and actualyll know how it feels

HSC
dumb question. of course its bad. but so is tobacco and alchol so what the hell, have ffun killing ur braincells. :)

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
pah-leeze. since when was taking illicit drugs not detrimental to your health?

maybe you don't physically see the effects, but i'm sure there are side effects on a molecular/cellular level

_Amie_

HSC
Undoubtedly there would be some chemical effect on your brain, body, whatever. However, it depends on each person...how they react, how it effects them, if they become addicted, if they suffer any psychosis. My opinion: If you want to try it, give it a go...but do it for your own reasons, not just because your friends are doing it. Do it in a place you know you will be safe...some people really freak out, and endanger their lives. So at home, at a friends house..somewhere where you have control of the environment. Do it with people who care about you, so they can look out for you, and vice versa.
Personally, I like the effect...I do it sometimes, once or twice a month or so. It hasn't had any psychotic effects on me, but I know it has for some people. Society places a stigma on it, but use your own opinion, instead of the one forced upon you.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
mate, with all that shit going into ur body... of course its bad for you ... how can anyone say its good or have no effects tryin it "once"...
Do you drink alcohol?

Man i dont see what is so bad about it. I did it on average maybe once a week, and i accelerated english and got 94 in all 4 units, and am currently top of my year (at a selective school) for 1/2 my remaining subjects.
The only thing is, they say if there is a history of psychosis in the family, smoking weed increases your chance of schizophrenia by 300%.
If not, smoke joints not bongs. :D

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
"Schitzophrenia how many of you got it?/ How many mutherfukers can say their psychotic?/ How many mutherfukers can say they got their brain dry rotten from pot/ u got it like i got it or not...."

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
shady_03 said:
"Schitzophrenia how many of you got it?/ How many mutherfukers can say their psychotic?/ How many mutherfukers can say they got their brain dry rotten from pot/ u got it like i got it or not...."
d12 - blow my buzz. ........ i may say . and yes its a good song

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
GlobalOperation said:
dumb question. of course its bad. but so is tobacco and alchol so what the hell, have ffun killing ur braincells. :)
so is drinking cofee, and coke and sunbaking and as a matter of fact it can be dangerous to leave yuor house. so why dont u just not try anytihng and just sit safely at home and be "healthy" all alone.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
when in doubt on life issues, think of your education.... south park bought me up as a child, and i learnt one thing...

"drugs are bad mkay!"

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
SashatheMan said:
d12 - blow my buzz. ........ i may say . and yes its a good song
Lol kewl, somebody actually knows that song!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)