Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Ive always wanted to play....

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • we aint in canada!!!

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

lorigan85

Hey Ya'll

I used to play for canterbury eagles midgets last year but i quit this year because of the HSC and work. I wouldnt have had time to travel to penrith, blacktown, new castle, and macquarie every weekend. And shit do i miss it the action! is there any other hockey fans out there who play or used to, maybe gave it up for a reason?

Below is a shitty page i put up for the team to keep track of games but it all went to buggery when we started losing.lol

http:members.optusnet.com.au/canterburyeagles/index

m3h_m3h

HSC
hehe i kno a few ice hockey players, most of them state and national players.
i played inline hockey for castle hill til they got sold this yr and club relocated.
im prob gonna play ice hockey for ice dogs next yr, i wanted to start this yr but hsc, so bleh.

lorigan85

yeah m3h? how long you played icehockey? or will it be your first time since inline? what grade will u play in senior A,B,C, super league? good luck

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
ive always wanted to play or watch icehockey, but never got round to doing it. its the only sporting game ive got and i used to play abit of that.

lorigan85

ezzy85: "its the only sporting game ive got and i used to play abit of that." but you said "ive always wanted to play or watch" so you have played or you havent? lol you cant watch it on ESPN?
If you ever get the chance to buy some cheap gear off a mate have a go its great fun, high adreneline, speed, strength and skill packed into a hard hitting game.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lorigan85
ezzy85: "its the only sporting game ive got and i used to play abit of that." but you said "ive always wanted to play or watch" so you have played or you havent?
ive never actually played it. i used to play it on PC all the time though.

lol you cant watch it on ESPN?
no cable

If you ever get the chance to buy some cheap gear off a mate have a go its great fun, high adreneline, speed, strength and skill packed into a hard hitting game.
maybe after HSC.

m3h_m3h

HSC
ive only ever played once wen my mate had a team running in a inhouse comp at blacktown. just vs'd all these development league dudes so it was pretty damn easy. his team just used those fellas as training. lol. had a fair go. gotta get used to the stoppin tho. i carve wen i stop on ice coz its way different to inline stopping. im not sure wat division ill start at. depends. cause my team from inline is tryin to form together for ice. so we'll see wat happens.

lorigan85

yeah alot of the blacktown teams transfer from inline to hockey and the teams are really good. Damn blacktown, crazy fuckers that play hockey! llol

m3h_m3h

HSC
hehe yeh.
the rink its pretty sh!t house tho. u been to the new Norwest ice rink? pretty nice. very clean ice. doesnt melt like mac and blacktown. well it does melt but its like shavings so it just remelts bak into ice. very very dry and nice.

lorigan85

Norwest? you been in Penrith? they got a bloody chandellier in the entrance and shower that work in the locker room, and the rooms number "locker room 1" and "refs room" etc fucking brilliant

m3h_m3h

HSC
nice. i havent seen the change/locker room facilities at Norwest but im sure they'd be just as good. spose to be the best ice rink around now in aus. ohh yeh u might kno it as "Glaciarium", lol i call it norwest coz thats the place its located in.

lorigan85

never heard of it, are u sure its in nsw? lol i think a little too west for a northern beaches boy like myself.. sorry

m3h_m3h

HSC
ahh thats y ur in northern beaches. this is like 15min from macquarie rink. this rink was built by bob cooper.
its a full international catered rink, specially designed for hockey.
pretty nice place, has a gym upstairs and a cafe for parents etc.
grand stand seatin. yeh, pretty much everything u'd need for an ice rink, pitty they have sh*t house hire skates, got the damn ice picker ones. lucky i got my own skates.

lorigan85

man! now im interested! i go to macquarie almost every saturday except for this one cos i got my TRIALs (Argh) and i never heard of it ..strange probably too new for me, cos last year when i was playing hockey the only rinks/teams were newcastle, blacktown, canterbury, macquarie, :) aint it a shame alot of people dont know about or play hockey?

m3h_m3h

HSC
hehe yeh
this is the new macquarie team coz MIR kicked the team out.
the club is now called "Icedogs"

lorigan85

yeah i know macquarie dont play hockey no more cos the owner likes figureskating and public sessions (hint hint $$$) but Icedogs the team isnt a new name, just changed rinks, right? yea some guys from Canterbury played for the Icedogs most of them guys in their 30s who were bloody good. Its such a shame the disorganisation of hockey in this country because alot of ppl are interested!!! and the poor rink management/promotion , whereby rinks close down like on the north shore, there used to be one 10 mins away from me in narabeen, but now its a Woolies..bah :(

muldersgun

HSC
i've always wanted to play. But its such a bitch to join a club in australia since you gotta travel so far for games and the nearest rink to me is 40min away. I want to move to canada where the ice is plenty.

m3h_m3h

HSC
yeh some Icedogs teams played from balcktown.
but im pretty sure the Icedogs r now permanently home at the Glaciarium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)