General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts here.

Champouf

HSC
section 1 was good. I don't think section 1 can ever be bad however. :p
section 2 pretty gud (Germany)
section 3 das good too (Riefenstahl)
section 4 ouch (Conflict in Europe) Airwar and Russian counter-offensive in 1944... I went with airwar... I was hoping for appeasement as Conflict is my weakest section so yeah.

I felt bad because I was more anxious than I was for English (which is my weakest subject) but I feel as though no amount of preparation could've prepared me for Europe.

Glad it's over!

Energysausage

HSC
Not terrible!

The personality question (part b) was a little difficult to approach.
For Trotsky I could only think of one thing that matched and most of my essay was rambling

Other than that not too bad

I still probably did averagely though...

NotCricket

HSC
Multiple choice was fucking stupid, whoever wrote it is an absolute mong. Just really poorly designed. Other than that, very easy paper.

NotCricket

HSC
inb4 everyone puts that men didn't have the weaponry to fight tanks

nicolioo

HSC
section one was really good not overly difficult
personality was pree decent
Germany and cold war questions - really happy with both, over all for my schools topics was a nice fair test :)

Last edited:

ushnakhalid

HSC
WW1 was straightforward although the mc was a little dodgy. What did everyone pick for the first question and the last?(weaponry used by Germans) personalities was nice but b was slightly confusing because of its wording. Russia and Europe were both simple overall good exam hopefully band 6 lel

limplict

HSC
- multiple choice was absolute shit, didn't read the sources properly and chose barrage instead of shrapnel for one of them :( rest of wwi was ok though
- Germany was disgusting, of all things they had to test nationalism -_- had to do the other question and BS'ed my way through it about how sexy hitler was in nazi propaganda
-Speer was shit, why did they have to bring back quotes :((( hope I BS'ed well enough for 13+/15
- conflict in the pacific was great, teacher managed to predict home fronts so that was all good :)

ushnakhalid

HSC
I chose barrage too bc the first part of it talked about how it affected them heavily ??

NotCricket

HSC
- multiple choice was absolute shit, didn't read the sources properly and chose barrage instead of shrapnel for one of them :( rest of wwi was ok though
- Germany was disgusting, of all things they had to test nationalism -_- had to do the other question and BS'ed my way through it about how sexy hitler was in nazi propaganda
-Speer was shit, why did they have to bring back quotes :((( hope I BS'ed well enough for 13+/15
- conflict in the pacific was great, teacher managed to predict home fronts so that was all good :)
I think it was barrage rather than shrapnel? OMG no fuck

NotCricket

HSC
I am officially placing a bounty on the multiple choice writer for this year's modern exam

limplict

HSC
i swear it was barrage too fkkk
Idk I was talking to a couple of friends who said that the barrage was bad for the author of the source because it failed against the enemy, but it didn't say that the barrage was actually harming his own troops? It did state in the source that the shrapnel was "an ugly thing" or some crap like that though... Idk can someone upload the paper and sources LOL hope it's barrage though!

Constantine

HSC
well it's 3 to 1. we might be right?
all the top MH people at my school got barrage too.. so... /lol at me
- WWI was bleh, didn't like MC and felt I had to waste too much time on reading Source C
- Germany was pretty good but I wouldn't be surprised if there's an uproar about it this year as the focus was narrow and similar for both
- Personality they were really nice about this year
- Indochina was pretty good too even though for the first option 1960-1979 they obviously tried to trick us

ushnakhalid

HSC
what did you all get for the tanks one lol? i put evoked terror in the enemy or whatever that answer was

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)