General Thoughts: Studies of Religion II (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts here.

InvertPanda

HSC
What the hell were you meant to write for question 22? I didn't have any idea as to what I was meant to talk about so I dumped some stuff in there about social transformation since it was one of the topics listed.

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
That question was so unclear!!! I wrote a little about disenchantment with religion due to materialism and also something about social trannsformation. But other than that, the paper was pretty good :)
Not surprised about them asking for one religion, though it was a tad bit annoying.

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
I accidentally wrote about two religions for religion and peace, how many marks will I lose? I answered the question effectively though.

KylemeloSW6

HSC
I accidentally wrote about two religions for religion and peace, how many marks will I lose? I answered the question effectively though.
You won't lose marks.... unless they have the impression its a prepared answer.

The only downside is that you must have wasted time writing about the other religion which took away from the rest of your paper, or by going into two religions you didn't cover one religion as much as they would want you too. For instance i wrote 7 pages on Christianity, whereas if you wrote 7 pages on Christianity and Islam they will only be marking one half of your essay which is not as detailed as mine because you accidentally spread your knowledge over 2 religions

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Yeah, they will mark each religion by itself and award you the highest mark. But depending on how much you wrote, your marks might suffer a little bc there won't be enough depth. But you shouldn't worry too much

_Josh_

HSC
wasnt hard but multiple choice would have got a few people

Yeh it got me, I was going in aiming for a 95+ raw mark, just in multi's I believe i've already lost 6 marks. Hoping that I can get 60+/70 now

Aziizaa

HSC
Seems like SOR got the least post-exam hype! All my other subjects had heated up threads on BOS. Wonder how it will be tomorrow after Legal Studies
(Last exam woohoo :thrust: :tennisclap: :party:)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Don't think that many people on bos do sor... And it was the same day as extension maths which probably had a little more hype about it

Lolieee

HSC
i think im the only one who LOVED this exam, i have a feeling i might get 90, but if not.. then it's definitely an 80 ^__^ anyone have the multiple choice sheets? Please post!

antounbros

HSC
the multiple choice was a bit tricky if you didnt know your content very well, however i thought the other questions were fair and decent.

I done islam and christianity, and thats what i thought to be honest. Lets hope for the best and see what happens ! :D

scrixer

HSC
N/A
Yeah, they will mark each religion by itself and award you the highest mark. But depending on how much you wrote, your marks might suffer a little bc there won't be enough depth. But you shouldn't worry too much
TrentsUnicorn is correct. I have marked Section IV in the past, and if the question is requesting a response about ONE religion, and a student writes about two, the marker has to read ALL of it, and then determine which is religion has the better response, and award marks using all details for ONE religion which was the better part of the response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)