getting into uni after tafe? (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
ok people I need to get into uni after tafe,

I know that people who do the advanced diplomas get 1st pref on uni places and then diploma people get 2nd pref.

I have heard is like pretty easy to get into uws from tafe ...

but does any one know how hard it is to get into UTS marketing???

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
7th Sign said:

I know that people who do the advanced diplomas get 1st pref on uni places and then diploma people get 2nd pref.

Ok, just to clear up a couple of things..:

• Advanced Diplomas don't get an easier entry as opposed to a Diploma, even though Diplomas get in more easily than Cert 4s. What they do, is give extra credit at university, meaning you can skip certain classes at uni because you have already done their equivalent at TAFE. (This might or might not include the work you are doing in your Cert 4 as well)
  • With UTS marketing, the only consideration is the higher cut-off, entrance otherwise should work pretty much the same. Same applies with MQ or UOW if you wanna consider them as well. So the only difference is the higher cut-off, there is no extra fiddling you should think about atm regarding the other unis - just try your best now.:)

InFeRn0

HSC
Do you still need a UAI after u finish ur diploma?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
InFeRn0 said:
Do you still need a UAI after u finish ur diploma?
If you have an AQF Diploma you don't need to have a UAI, however if you do have a UAI, it will be averaged with your Diploma marks if you apply to UAC for university entrance.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i dont want them to use my uai with my tafe marks :( my uai was crap as hell

do you have to apply to uac if you will get credits for the whole of first year because of your tafe course?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
alby said:
i dont want them to use my uai with my tafe marks :( my uai was crap as hell

do you have to apply to uac if you will get credits for the whole of first year because of your tafe course?
Yup, you apply as a Non Recent School Leaver(unless you are applying for a direct entry course) - its pretty much the same as when you apply during the HSC except there are more issues coming into play with the marks.

Also your Advanced Standing/RPL/credit has nothing to do with UAC or getting in, its between TAFE and the unis and simply allows you to finish a course faster. Of course there are courses that require TAFE Diplomas/Certs but you still compete for entry using your marks not your credit.

I'm writing a guide on the whole process that'll be up shortly if you wanna take a look - it should explain everything in detail.:)

7th Sign

HSC
kami said:
If you have an AQF Diploma you don't need to have a UAI, however if you do have a UAI, it will be averaged with your Diploma marks if you apply to UAC for university entrance.

Kami I asked UTS and TAFER marketing people today and they said UAIs dont get looked at, UNI's only care about the tafe marks form the advanced diploma.

Any ways my uai is like ok its in the 60's which is a UWS style uai lol...

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
7th Sign said:
Kami I asked UTS and TAFER marketing people today and they said UAIs dont get looked at, UNI's only care about the tafe marks form the advanced diploma.

Any ways my uai is like ok its in the 60's which is a UWS style uai lol...
I'd ask UAC then - my TAFE always said half/half to anyone that asked. And considering they were the people in charge of the uni pathways section then I'm inclined to trust them. Like I said though, ask UAC.

Last edited:

unistudent

HSC
7th Sign said:

you mean b business with a marketing major right? well it will be easier for you to try to get into the uts ku-ring gai campus, since that has lower cutoffs than the city campus for the b business course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)