[TCC Student] Thinking of going to TAFE, after year 10. (1 Viewer)

Neil.

HSC
N/A
Ok. So it's Year 10, the last compulsory year of school. I'm clueless to whether I should stay to complete year's 11 and 12, or just drop out and take a course in TAFE. Right now, I'm leaning more to the decision of going to TAFE.

I am really good with developing and designing websites and would like to take a course that has anything to do with those. I recently sold a site in the $x,xxx so I'm a serious web developer, even though I'm only 14 ;) Which course in TAFE would be best for me, in your honest opinion?

I am currently a student at Trinity Catholic College and would definitely like to talk with other Trinity students who have taken the path to TAFE after year 10. My MSN ID is skribblez [at] soulreaverclan.com :) Just replace the [at] with @ :)

What is TAFE like? What are your general opinions on it? I am really excited about it and would LOVE to go to TAFE and hopefully take a course which interests me most.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Last edited:

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
if u didn't want to do HSC either at skool or tafe you could do TPC (Tertiary Prep Cert) which enables you to do yrs 11 and 12 in just 12 months. Yr 11 in the first semester and 12 in the second semester, thus you can get credits into uni to do a web design course.

Hope that helps

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
If you know this is what you want to do, and dont need your HSC, i'd go for TAFE. Don't waste 2 years - and even if you decide its not for you, you can go back to TAFE and do your HSC. HSC isnt the the be all and end all, after all - and congrats on the website sale!!!

Neil.

HSC
N/A
Yes, I know this is what I want to do. It's not something I will get bored of just like that, it's something that I've been interested in for years and years :) So I guess I'm definitely going to TAFE! :D

Hope it's fun and I hope to meet new people! ;)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'd like to add though, that you have to be at least 15 to go to TAFE [IIRC], you should also follow your inspirations rather than the daily grind like everyone else but perhaps there is a middle road. Its possible to do something called a vocational hsc where you only need to do three 2 unit subjects, and the rest of your hsc is made up of a TVET course - usually at a higher level than what most other school kids do.

For example its possible for someone interested in say interior design to do English Standard, Design & Tech, Visual Arts & Cert IV in Interior Design. Such a combo would not give a UAI, however Cert IVs often allow uni entry themselves as well as giving you a large amount of credit with TAFE Diplomas[most of which can get you into uni too with your Diploma - often Diplomas allow you to skip first year of uni as well]. Its a fair bet then that you can do something similar with webdesign/IT and thus recieve every opportunity of other HSC graduates but with the additional training of a TAFE graduate as well as far more experience in your relevant industry.

bubbly

HSC
Neil, I know that u think that skool is a bore now & that u would b betta off at TAFE but really think about your decision. U don't want 2 go 2 TAFE now & then realise l8a in life that u should have done your HSC. U r only 14. U should really b stayin in skool

bubbly

HSC
Sorry. I didnt know that u had already had turned 15. I dont know when ur bday is 2 know that:bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)