Which course is best for me? (1 Viewer)

Neil.

HSC
N/A
Alright, I'm going to apply/enrol for an IT related course in TAFE next year. I live in Auburn, so I guess the TAFE at Lidcombe would be best for me.

There are so many IT courses though, I have no idea which one to choose.

I'll just post my skills for you to judge and recommend me a course :)

- Fixing computers. Ridding computers of viruses, spyware, adware, and all other nasties.
- Designing and developing websites to make money
- Web coding (HTML, PHP, etc.)
- Promoting websites
- Graphics design (Photoshop, Paintshop, etc.)
- Valuing websites and domain names

So basically, I've got alot of experience with the web side of computing (Creating and designing websites, promoting websites, making money from them, etc.) and that's generally what I'm interested in, and what I plan to do with my life.

In a nutshell, I'm looking for a course that's main focus is websites or anything to do with the Internet and/or making a living from it.

I'm currently in year 10, looking to drop out after this year to go to TAFE. Can anyone please give this little kid some help and a recommendation? :wave:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
If you want to go to Lidcombe, then this is the only IT course they have available for someone with only an SC/CGVE.

However, if you go here then you will find a list of all courses available statewide to people with an SC. Then its just a matter of finding the appropriate location.

Considering most of these are at Certificate 2 level, and you can gain a TAFE Certificate 2 as part of the HSC then its my reccomendation to stick with high school[or hsc/cgve at tafe, where-ever it is you are now] and do TAFE subjects as part of your HSC along with HSC computing subjects. Considering the TAFE cert 2 and the hsc computing subjects do credit towards diplomas later, the time frame would be exactly the same and you'd have a wider range of choices after completing the HSC with TVET.

However, if you want to go ahead with TAFE, then the first course I put forward is probably where you're headed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)