Is Tafe For The Dumb (1 Viewer)

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
hi everyone
well im stessing just like everyone out there about uni and tafe and the problem is i believe that tafe is for the DUMB
well now not to sound rude but every drop kick and dumb sob ive ever met in my life is or has attended tafe and i just feel like its an easy gateway to tertiary education almost as easy as scoring with pam anderson
anyway in all honesty if you have to choose and only one choise
TAFE or UNI

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
or both?
can't hurt to have a foot in each camp so that if uni applications don't work out you have a fall-back plan
right?

doink

Clone
HSC
You're asking us whether we would pick Tafe or Uni?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
hopethisworks said:
hi everyone
well im stessing just like everyone out there about uni and tafe and the problem is i believe that tafe is for the DUMB
well now not to sound rude but every drop kick and dumb sob ive ever met in my life is or has attended tafe and i just feel like its an easy gateway to tertiary education almost as easy as scoring with pam anderson
TAFE or UNI
You sound like a troll. Or perhaps you just haven't matured yet.

Either way you're not really saying anything of value. TAFE is for those who want to do further education but can't or don't want to do it at university.

I go there currently and I got 96.35 UAI. People run the full gamut of the intellectual spectrum. On average, you have the slightly more intelligent of the population, I've noticed (which in my books just means an IQ above 100, or above 50% of the population). The personality types seem generally reserved and of low self-confidence. At uni, people were generally outgoing and self-confident. It's easy to misconstrue a lack of knowledge and low self-confidence with a lack of intelligence, but it's false nonetheless.

The lower end courses are pretty retarded, but I'm doing a cert IV in IT atm and we're doing JavaScript, PHP, SQL and CSS. It's enjoyable enough, and I'm learning something tangibly useful.

I certainly have no problem with using it as a stepping stone for greater things (whether it be a skilled job or, in my case, re-entry to uni).

You would do well to learn some humility.

DTFM

HSC
Don't worry, you will fit right in.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
hopethisworks said:
hi everyone
TAFE or UNI
major LOL!......why, cause alot of my friends didnt even get a UAI (cheated in trial exams) and got into uni through uws.

Why would a possible-electrican want to go to uni instead of getting his/her qualification from tafe. Depends on your desires.

cattyxxx

HSC
if you think TAFE is just for dumb people, then your choice should obviously be for tafe wouldnt it?
in all honesty TAFE isn't just for 'dumb' people, it could be that something happened around exams and so they didnt get the ENTER they wanted, if after doing a tafe course, you want to continue in that area at uni, the tafe course gives you credit and so years are taken off, only with some courses might i add.
Other reasons are that uni isnt a realistic idea for all people, who prefer a more hands on approach, plus waayyy more affordable. i know that i dont want to be paying off my uni fees until im 30 and then decide i would like to change career paths.
I'm not saying that Uni is bad or anything, but deciding to go to either is up to the person and a choice to go to TAFE shouldn't be considered dumb just because the people you know who have gone are.. 'drop kicks and dumb sobs'

bawd

HSC
TAFE is actually better for certain occupation desires, such as IT, Hospitality or Hairdressing, because the TAFE course is constantly renewed and made relevant to give necessary skills in technologically advanced society + they provide practicals. Before you go saying that Hospitality or Hairdressing is a low-skills job, there is actually a huge skills shortage for both in Australia.

TAFE =/= DUMB PEOPLE. I think your high school teacher would have told you already.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
TAFE teaches skills that uni doesn't, and these skills are still essential in society

Evilo

HSC
hopethisworks said:
hi everyone
TAFE or UNI
TAFE for you mate.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
uni for me is a bridge to work out what i really want in a career...it doesnt matter whether your dumb or smart. it matters what you want to do with the rest of your life after high school.

HSC
Lol, why does everyone have to feign modesty?

The kid is right to some degree, your average person doing a building/construction course at tafe isn't going to be nearly as intelligent as someone studying medicine. Yes the person doing building/construction is a human being and certainly society needs brick layers but tafe isn't going to attract a similar type of student.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
Lol, why does everyone have to feign modesty?

The kid is right to some degree, your average person doing a building/construction course at tafe isn't going to be nearly as intelligent as someone studying medicine. Yes the person doing building/construction is a human being and certainly society needs brick layers but tafe isn't going to attract a similar type of student.
When did he mention the building/construction faculty?

P.S. you'll drop out of law in 2nd year.

jewoneimon

HSC
why do people have a problem with TAFE? some people are naturally much, much better at more manual labour while others just use their heads more often. everyone's different

Matt Samson

HSC
hopethisworks said:
hi everyone
TAFE or UNI
TAFE is not for dumb people.

Some of the most stupid people on Earth are academics who have never stepped foot outside university in regards to their professional life.

TAFE is there for people who want a different sort of job, or in some cases a chance to understand things "hands on" before moving into university and gaining a degree.

Most employers look at someone who has both TAFE and University qualifications in a good light, because they're "ready for work" and it therefore costs less to employ them.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
i'm sorry, but
brains > manual labour
who earns more money, the businessman or the brick layer?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Compared to vocational training institutes in other countries, tafe is extremely well rated by employers/industry. Tafe is the one part of our education system we can really be proud of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)