Tafe to Uni? Urban planning (1 Viewer)

alwaysforever

HSC
Say if i didnt dp well in hsc to get the uai required. Can i go to tafe to do something and transfer to B Planning course at UNSW?

How hard is it? and what requirements

thanks in advance guys

blerkles

HSC
N/A
List UNE's Bach of Urban & Regional Planning as your next preference (do it by distance if you don't want to move) - it'll be easier to get into plus chances are you'll get more credits for your time and effort than TAFE.

alwaysforever

HSC
You just said you might not be able to get into UNSW. UNE is an alternative
But isnt UNE like far far away in some little town

whats the uai cut offs at UNE

Last edited:

spence

HSC
But isnt UNE like far far away in some little town
List UNE's Bach of Urban & Regional Planning as your next preference (do it by distance if you don't want to move) - it'll be easier to get into plus chances are you'll get more credits for your time and effort than TAFE.
Plus I don't think it's a small town. More like a small city afaik

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
UNE is in Armidale and you CAN do distance education, which is why my partner transferred from USyd to there.

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Country uni's = you actually get to converse with lecturers + small class sizes. City uni's = lecturers lecture, then leave the discussions to the tutors (4th year students), you are just a number. Planners are so in demand, doesn't matter about prestigiousness of the uni, you'll have a job before you graduate - hence why it is a good idea to do it at a uni that you can transfer to part-time distance study whilst you work. <--- just mind 2c

blerkles

HSC
N/A
If keen on TAFE: 8540 Local Government (Planning) - Certificate IV (NRT) Flexible out of Albury Campus (TAFENSW)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)