TPC Textbooks (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hi all! :wave:

I am going to start the TPC this year and I was wondering how much I will be looking at spending on textbooks (approx).

I assume it wouldn't be anything like uni textbook prices.

I plan to do Biology, Physics, Chem, Prelim/Found Math and the English one.

thanks!

juicyberries

HSC
I'm doing TPC at the moment and honestly, you don't need any textbooks... The teachers all give worksheets. If you really want to get some textbooks regardless, then get some good math and/or science ones. The level of difficulty isn't too high...so I suggest maybe some Year 11 Prelim stuff would be enough.

Which campus will you be at? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

HSC
N/A
well I am not in yet but I am going to the Ultimo info session today.

Thanks for the tip, I will get some HSC text books if I come across any trouble.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I did my TPC in 2007 without any textbooks...whenever I needed to look something up I used whatever Prelim/HSc textbooks were in the library. Teachers give out a LOT of worksheets so bring a large folder with plastic sleeves to class to keep them all in!

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the tip. I was wondering what I needed to bring on my first day.

They didn't really give much details, oh but they where very clean when and how I should pay :)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Hi there,

text books are not necessary... if research is required the internet and texts in the library relating to the area of study will be all that is required for most of your studies... also tafe has vcr (for those kidz who don't know what a vcr is, it is tape which was used before digital video disk dvd), and audiotapes (before CD)... they even have CD, DVD and blu-ray from what I've seen... go TAFE

Regards,

- Bacilli

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Thanks for the tip. I was wondering what I needed to bring on my first day.

They didn't really give much details, oh but they where very clean when and how I should pay :)
HAHA yeah TAFE is notorious for being secretive about information, you've really got to research or nag to find things out :haha:.

Some classes will run in a lecture style format, so loose leaf paper or a lecture pad will be useful. Calculator obviously for maths and the sciences and yes, loooots of plastic sleeves in a folder! I couldn't survive without mine!

If you have any questions about the courses you're doing or the TES, let me know. My info may be a little out of date as I graduated in 2007, but I still keep in touch with teachers on my campus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)