Can i get into uni next year? (1 Viewer)

Musegirl

HSC
N/A
Im going to enroll into the Diploma of Business (Marketing) at TAFE and im just wondering if thats good enough to get me into the B Commerce at UoW in 2005? (I have a UAI of 70.85 btw)

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Hi Musegirl - best to check with the Uni you want to apply to. I think there are a few course offered at TAFE and upon completion you are eligible to enrol into Uni. Also make sure you find out the required grades you need to make in the course in order to make the move to Uni - such as I'll be doing the Cert IV in hlth & hope to enroll into Uni once I've completed the course - however I must pass with I think it's either distinctions or high distinctions.

Best of luck!!! Bluesky100.

santaslayer

HSC
the uai for BComm this year is 81.00, u r at least 10 uai points behind it, but u r also doing a diploma...if u get good marks in that u should be fine as u r a NRSL right?

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Originally posted by s_a
For those who don't know,

NRSL = Non-recent School Leaver.

:D
Well as the saying goes, you learn something new every day! Ta - :cool:

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Musegirl
Im going to enroll into the Diploma of Business (Marketing) at TAFE and im just wondering if thats good enough to get me into the B Commerce at UoW in 2005? (I have a UAI of 70.85 btw)
I think when doing a Diploma you have to remember that you need to get a Distnction in your Diploma in order to have any chance as your UAI of 70.85 is a fair way of the cutoff. The thing with entering as an NRSL is that the further your UAI is to the cu-off the more the higher your Diploma marks will be in order to cover that gap differences in your UAI as you will be chosen on the combination of both your UAI and the Diploma marks which UAC will derive a NRSL rank for you where it's 50% of both.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
If that happens you put on your UAC application that i didn't do year 12 so only your diploma marks are used to derive a NRSL Rank.

PS: I"m not liable if this doesn't work.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
also this is for Musegirl, the chick that started this thread, NO YOU CANNOT GOTO UNI NEXT YEAR, bcoz diploma courses go for 2 years. so you may be able to goto uni in 2006. =P

whaddup03

HSC
i never knew the uai counted towards a diploma??????
i'm doing a diploma of architectural technology and after i complete the 2 yrs and get marks of credit (70%) or higher, i can get into 2nd year of university. The two years in tafe sort of substitute for 1 year at uni, which saves alot of money...

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
i think a credit for your diploma when applying for Uni such as UNSW, USYD, UTS will not be sufficient to gain entry as lots of people will try for that same spot your applying.

Forgot i noticed that your from Singleton so i assumed your going to apply for a regional Uni so IMO i think you will make it.

whaddup03

HSC
yeah singleton, what a shit hole.......newcastle tafe and newcastle uni have a connection or something like that, one of the teachers said

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
In that case the chances of getting in have just increased by a greater percentage.

MiSSi

Originally posted by Dingo2004
whats the point
you can score a job with your diploma !!!
that's true. but some employers will look at what uni you went to.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MiSSi
so by doing a diploma at tafe you are able to transfer to uni?
Yes, but it's not garranteed because you still have to work for the marks to get a transfer to Uni.

Originally posted by Dingo2004
whats the point
you can score a job with your diploma !!!
Yes that maybe true but if you wanted a better job down the future or looking for a promotion than a Uni degree will help greatly than if you didn't have one.

santaslayer

HSC
a uni degree will always get u more money and better job opportunities for advancement then a diploma......unless u win the lotto or something

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
a uni degree will always get u more money and better job opportunities for advancement then a diploma......unless u win the lotto or something
hmm well take john laws for example, he didnt even finish school his got lots of money, but its not all about money its also enjoying what you do.And im sure there are great jobs for people with a diploma, sure u cant be a doctor but there is heaps of great oppurtunities

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)