what do we have to bring on enrolment day? (1 Viewer)

Jesus

Christ
HSC
N/A
what exactly do we have to bring, besides the obvious HSC certificate, there must be some other crap they want, and when u turn up on the day u forget, always happenes, right now i cant think of any

oh im doing business at ultimo

frenchy

Some courses need your yr 10 marks and certificate as well as the year 12 one.. Look on the requirements for your your course, what ever it says you need, being it along to prove you have.
If in doubt call the campus..

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
When I enrolled into TAFE last yr all I had to bring was cheque for enrollment, also brought pens - singing things. That's all - my enrollment day only consisted of getting my ID card, paying and signing a few things.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Nothing as your enrolling because you have been accepted in to the course. You only need to bring a credit card or a cheque for the Admin fee unless you have an Exemption.

s_a

I'm thinking of doing a TAFE course. TODAY is the day to enrol at Ultimo, as I've been told the places fill up really quickly. There is of course the 2nd of Feb as well for enrolling into a course.

On a another note, is anybody going to TAFE in the hope of making it into a univeristy course later on? I'm hoping this will happen to me, but yeah, just like to know if anybody's going through that route now?

I'm waiting for confirmation of any uni offers in the late round (5 Feb, I think)
When today is THE day to enrol into TAFE (and you must pay upfront)
When 2 days ago was the day to enrol for TAFE to repeat the HSC (as I am still considering this option)

I'm confuzzled.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
s_a I was goin to enrol at Ultimo for the course to repeat yr12. That place was PACKED and i dont think you would be able to get in :S They had all the enrolling sheets and everything there and then they had a list of the people who got in at 5pm that day to go for appointments at a later date. (I think next day... which was Thursday) Anyways I enrolled for randwick tafe... to repeat HSC.. i am goin in for appointment tommorow :\ And yer have to pay upfront. You could call randwick tafe.. they have BOTH Combined Course (yr11/12) and just yr12 if you want. I suggest you ring randwick tafe and ask them if you can still get in. (or ultimo if you really want)

I dont have the number for randwick tafe, however i do have the number for the HSC co-ordinator at Ultimo. Here you go 9217 4798 Her name is Sue Tickel Good luck!!

s_a

Why thank you very much Krisk85 :).

How did your appointment go? Are you in?

You probably enrolled into Randwick on the proper enrollment date aye? :p Coz to my knowledge, that date has already passed for me. Yet, I'm still going to call them up and ask if I could repeat the HSC there.

Does Randwick TAFE really have an 'only Year 12' course for one year? If so, that's good! I've been to the Ultimo HSC information session, and I've been told that you'd have to do both Prelim and HSC in the one year and not one or the other.

Well. I've finally seen the Late Round offers, and unfortunately I didn't get any. So repeating the HSC looks good (whether at TAFE or at another high school) OR doing a course at TAFE.

BTW, krisk85, what Uni course do you want to get into? Why are you repeating?

Anyway, cheers for the help. :)

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
Come in today man!!! Today is hte appointments! they are at 1:30pm today!! Yes randwick has only year 12 course for one year also.. Yer i was at the Ultimo HSC information session and they sent heaps of people over to randwick hehe.. (well 6 that i know of) :p

Want to do law.. because i dropped out of yr12.

Np mate Good luck!

s_a

I was told Randwick had a late enrollment session on Thursday, 5 Feb 2004, so that's when I'm going. I hope there are still places left!

It'll be good to go to that TAFE considering you want to do law, which means you'll be a hard worker. Always a good thing for others in your classes.

The downside is that Randwick is a bit far away for me. So I'm considering TAFEs closer to home. I've just called a couple so I think I may be still in it with a chance with the TAFEs here. Lets hope so. I'm also considering repeating the HSC at a local school too.

So, did you get enrolled?

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Don't feel that you will not get in at Ultimo because of the amount of people there as half of them are there with their friends and some of them don't even turn up for the interview at a another date. Which leaves about 25% of that massive hall left. also they tend to over enroll becuse of the amount of people who drop out of the year.

From m knowledge of being in that hall and in one of the classes just before the HSC exam there was like only 14 people from a Eglish(standard).

Btw that Sue Tickel is one angry bitch

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
YUP all enrolled i heard htem speakin about this also!! you should get in at randwick! S_A where are you from? I am from parramata and goin to randwick... I am very happy with randwick tafe and i havent started.. the teachers i have spoken to seem very helpful and nice!! I havent had htem teach me yet but I dont think they r gona be angry bitches as Mr wiggle put it :p

Mr Wiggle lol are there any female 'principles' that arent angry? That you have seen?

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
is it possible to switch tafes? coz i got accepted into Ultimo to redo my HSC n i payed all the fees n got everything done ie id photo n that but now i want 2 do it at Randwick... so is it possible?

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Yes you can all you have to do is turn up to randwick and ask the HSC coordinator that you want to transfer they will do the rest for you. Also you can actually do your HSC over 2 or more places if your home campus does not have the subject you want.

To krisk85: i didn't say the teachers was angry bitches i think they all pretty nice like you said but with the exception of that principle who was a bit piss off at me for asking a few questions.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
1 question how do u actually get 2 Randwick tafe?
an wat building do i have 2 go 2?

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
ip_freely catch a bus to central.. and walk over to the bus station across the road from ultimo.. wait at A for hte 372 ? I think it is the 372.. pretty sure.. then catch it all the way around centenial park.. (on the left hand side you will see some kind of special red road for buses.. when that ends you know you are close..) After that ends you should see a caltex up ahead.. get off at the caltex and walk across to the tafe.. there is a entrance to the right of the big fence.. (you should see a bridge.. that is wher you are headed..) go up into the entrance and walk all the way to the end..(on your way you should see a map if you are lost) and go down the stairs before the big double doors.. and there is a foyer with information for everyone..

Good luck man!

s_a

Krisk85, could you check your PMs?

So we can attend more than one TAFE! That's good. The most worrying thing for me is not being able to do a subject that I want. Thanks for the heads up Mr Wiggle!

I think the two most important things for people who want to do their HSC at TAFE is:
1. The compulsory/information session,
2. and the enrolment

I did #1 today at Granville. So yeah, does Randwick have a compulsory/information session? Am I too late?

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
I went to one today it said that the last day for enrollment before they don't accept anymore people is the 19th of this month. So i think it will be similar across the other TAFE as well.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
highest level certificate that u have..

pen..

and find out how much it costs and try pay :| they dont take cash however... it secures your spot??

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
with the fee if your on centrelink benefits you get an exemption or else if your not than i suggest you bring

* Credit card
* Key card
* Money order
* Bank cheque

to pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)