Thread: I need some inspiration! (Communicating in the Media)

HSC

I need some inspiration! (Communicating in the Media)

I got a lovey new assessment in which I'm supposed to write draft copies of a newsletter, website, advertising copy (for either a newsletter or a radio program) and a short feature article for a newspaper or magazine. The topic? "You work as a volunteer for community organisation. This could be a local environmental group, a sporting group, an arts group, a charity group or similar. The group has a current project to promote change or raise funds for which you have been asked to produce a number of draft documents."

I've had some ideas, but they're not quite broad enough to be able to write all four documents for. I know what to do, I just can't think of a good idea to be able to kick things off, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

HSC

Re: I need some inspiration! (Communicating in the Media)

Bump?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by valeforXD View Post
    Bump?
    valeforXD what were your ideas??

Anyway let's take the charity for example:

newsletter- would contain info about what the charity is, upcoming events, topics of concerns that sort of thing that links with promotion and raising funds.

Website- create appeal, highlight locations of where the charity stores are located, upcoming events for raising funds, general info, tips, etc.

Short feature article- how the charity plans to help raise funds to help with something in the community.

Advertising copy- perhaps you could write something like a talkback where people phone in etc to help with the overall goal/purpose and maybe that they are having a working bee or something to improve the charity to be more enticing to certain community members.

If you want anything elaborated on let me know- as I have just basically summarised how you could go about this task.
    HSC 2009: General Mathematics | English Advanced | Senior Science | CAFS | IPT| D&T MM
    Graduate: Bachelor. of Education Studies
    Current Studies: Bachelor. of Dementia Care | Bachelor. of Behavioural Studies. (Major. Psychology, Minor Sociology)

HSC

Well, I had an idea that our local high school would be raising funds for... something. I can't quite remember.

However, this is perfect! It's more or less exactly what I needed. Thanks a bunch for helping out!

HSC

Not a problem! Sounds interesting; it could indeed be adapted to your local high school to make things easier!

Good Luck with it all.
    HSC 2009: General Mathematics | English Advanced | Senior Science | CAFS | IPT| D&T MM
    Current Studies: Bachelor. of Dementia Care | Bachelor. of Behavioural Studies. (Major. Psychology, Minor Sociology)

HSC

Thanks to your help here, I managed to get an 87 on my assignment. I ended up doing articles regarding a clean energy movement in our local area, rather than the school fundraiser thing. Feedback mostly suggested that I practice editing a bit more, but the content of the articles was great.

Again, thanks a bunch!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by valeforXD View Post
    Thanks to your help here, I managed to get an 87 on my assignment. I ended up doing articles regarding a clean energy movement in our local area, rather than the school fundraiser thing. Feedback mostly suggested that I practice editing a bit more, but the content of the articles was great.

Again, thanks a bunch!
    Glad to hear! You are most welcome and the editing will come with practice!

Thread Information