Thread: TAFE to UNI

HSC

TAFE to UNI

hi
    last year i failed my hsc and currently doing a tafe course (Certificate IV level)
    i believe my course is gonna take 2 years to complete at tafe but i would like to transfer after this year from tafe to uni, preferably UTS for a specific course that i like to get do
    however, they seem to only take into consideration people with a diploma at a minimum level, although i dont think it'll hurt if i try to apply through the UAC for it
    If i don't get into it, i chose UWS as a alternative uni choice which provides a similar course to the UTS course one and hopefully UWS is lenient to accept me if UTS doesnt...
    could anyone show me some light in this post please, i really wanna get into uni!!
    thanks

HSC

Re: TAFE to UNI

Quote Originally Posted by choco123 View Post
    hi
    last year i failed my hsc and currently doing a tafe course (Certificate IV level)
    i believe my course is gonna take 2 years to complete at tafe but i would like to transfer after this year from tafe to uni, preferably UTS for a specific course that i like to get do
    however, they seem to only take into consideration people with a diploma at a minimum level, although i dont think it'll hurt if i try to apply through the UAC for it
    If i don't get into it, i chose UWS as a alternative uni choice which provides a similar course to the UTS course one and hopefully UWS is lenient to accept me if UTS doesnt...
    could anyone show me some light in this post please, i really wanna get into uni!!
    thanks
    I would definitely, be giving it a shot as the cert IV would increase your previous ATAR. Also, depending upon the course, a year of fulltime tertiary study can sometimes be enough for entry. Probably best to contact the uni direct though and find out your options.

Good Luck!
    HSC 2009: General Mathematics | English Advanced | Senior Science | CAFS | IPT| D&T MM
    Graduate: Bachelor. of Education Studies
    Current Studies: Bachelor. of Dementia Care | Bachelor. of Behavioural Studies. (Major. Psychology, Minor Sociology)

Cadet
    HSC

Re: TAFE to UNI

UWS accepts Cert IV and you also get guaranteed entry. If you don't like UWS, what you can do is attend UWS for a year and then if you get good makrs, you'll be able to transfer to UTS

Thread Information